Rough idle after a hard acceleration

torqueman

Just wandering if anyone's had this problem. It clears up in a minute or so. I run the iquad and Mach 5's. It's got a sopump to.

My 02 has started this lope thing twice after hard acceleration. Running ddp 100's with ejwa, FASS 95. As soon as you touch the pedal again or put it back in gear it's fine.

I don't even take mine out of gear. But it'll clear up within 30 seconds at the most.

I clutch mine out of gear. Don't ask why, just habit...

Ya I through mine in neutral at the end of the quarter once and it stalled. Had a hard time getting it going again. That's what makes me think the vp might b getting weak. Hope not.

One cannot withdraw such privileges after one post... It's the rules!!

I'm with walmart. I had a truck with a pump that was was going south. It would do that.

My VP did that. A P7100 and AS DF200 cleared it right up.

Epically post by a dumb phone.

Hard acceleration.........

Quit jumping off the throttle so fast and it will probably stop doing that. Mine does the same thing with Mach 6 and mechanical supply pump if I jump off the skinny pedal too quick.

Mine is a hit and miss to if it does it. I baby it most the time anyhow. Some day it might get all the spare parts thrown on it... Fix it right up

Thanx for replies guys I guess just the nature of the beast. I definitely can drive around it.

I'd agree with the vapor lock. I've had a couple do this. If it's hard to restart, crack a couple of lines at the injectors to bleed them. Should start right up with cracked lines.

With big injector and letting off fast is vapor lockin. The lope y'all r getting is from not fully getting on it and its try to vapor lock.

Can someone please explain to me where this "vapor" is coming from and what it's "locking" up?

I run the iquad setup it's pretty hard to let off easy. It comes on hard and it goes off hard to. Not like my old drag comp. I like it's features though.

Not really a vapor lock its cavitation or hyro hammer. You ever turn on a hose and shut it off real quick. You can hear the hard water lines chatter. This is similar to what your doing with the pump. Easing off would stop this or stretch the full fuel out further.

Back