RPM, spray angle, bowl design

most of the thoughtfull 2.6 engines out there are knocking on the door of 20 to 1.

define "thoughtful"

Most of the 2.6 engines won't tell you what compression their running. The winners in COTPC that I have insight to are most definitely NOT 20:1. I'd argue COTPC are some of the top trucks in the country.

I would concur that the COTPC has some of the best running 2.6 trucks in the nation. I would venture to say that most of the 2.6 trucks that are competitive on a national level are around 14:1-17:1 at most.

How the houge does greg get sponsors...he can't even form a coherent thought.

Epically post by a dumb phone.

define "thoughtful"

I would concur that the COTPC has some of the best running 2.6 trucks in the nation. I would venture to say that most of the 2.6 trucks that are competitive on a national level are around 14:1-17:1 at most.

If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got.

This isn't even a port design thread and you guys still gripe when you can LOL Getting back to the topic at hand.

Something more to chew on with combustion design

Time Losses in Diesel Engines. These losses are much more variable than in spark-ignition engines because they depend so heavily on operating conditions, on the fuel, and on the design of the injection system and combustion chamber. Whereas, in spark-ignition engines, the mass rate of burning starts relatively slowly and accelerates to the highest velocity near the end of the process, in Diesel engines the reverse is true. Due to the fact that the available supply of oxygen decreases as burning progresses, the mixing process, hence the burning process, tends to slow down in the later stages of burning.....
- The ICE in Theory & Practice Vol 1

Anyone have anything left going on in the brain?

ur wasting your time trying to get good information on this forum. compD is quickly becoming a joke in my opinion and no one with any good information posts on here anymore because its a bunch of diesel power magazine and wikipedia readers that post info they read but really have no idea how an engine works. Fahlin you seem to be intelligent enough to talk to some real engine builders. if you want good information...get to know the intelligent that are getting it done at the track. take time and build a relationship with them. that always seem to work for me in the long run. the forums these days are a waste of time trying to get realistic real world info....

ur wasting your time trying to get good information on this forum. compD is quickly becoming a joke in my opinion and no one with any good information posts on here anymore because its a bunch of diesel power magazine and wikipedia readers that post info they read but really have no idea how an engine works. Fahlin you seem to be intelligent enough to talk to some real engine builders. if you want good information...get to know the intelligent that are getting it done at the track. take time and build a relationship with them. that always seem to work for me in the long run. the forums these days are a waste of time trying to get realistic real world info....
Sounds kinda familiar.

Lots of work has been done in this area. If you want to get the good bowls, you'll need to call around and gain trust (read: spend on a performance engine) before any knowledge can be released.

Common knowledge says the process for gaining diesel knowledge goes kinda like this. Cumminsforum-----> CompD------> Real world builders and doers. Combine that with trial and error along the way. Don't expect to log in and suddenly think you know everything like most forum members.

Kiddos as in the no spelling mother fukkers who think they are god but have little knowledge in diesels.

Lol if you've logged in expecting the Scheid's and Haisley's just lined up to spoon feed your sorry ass your going to be severely disappointed.

Sadly your right , the kidos have ruined it

There are alot of younger people in this sport that know alot more than you do and are actually out proving it on the track every week so you dont have any room to talk. The highest hp turbos in 2.6 and 3.0 are built by who you would call kidos.

The only way you learn is to go and get what you desire. As for Spoon fed, I am far from it buddy, I didn't expect things from those to names on here or any other forum. Maybe if people put more time into thinking out of the box and quit pissin' into the wind. We may get somewhere. I am sure the ones just watching are bummed out Like I am because of more bickering about air flow in a combustion design thread that ended in a heap.

I thought the people here may have more professional attributes in keeping a topic rolling instead, go off track. I am not exactly impressed. If any of you want to have a benficial topic with no bull****, I would gladly join, otherwise like Lenahan said, i am wasting my time on a forum that seemed to have its ducks in a line as far as tech-savvy gearheads. I plan on going to the tracks, I already have a buddy that runs work stock around where I am, Looks like I will be starting there.

I plan on bringing up a few more topics, it seems air/gas flow seems to be the BIG topic amongst people here. If you don't have something to add to the combustion discussion please stay out with the nonsense and clashes. Save it for an actual flow thread.

Any ways, lenhan, Joe, Comp, anyone do you happen to have any other views as far as the ORIGINAL QUESTION?

The only way you learn is to go and get what you desire. As for Spoon fed, I am far from it buddy, I didn't expect things from those to names on here or any other forum. Maybe if people put more time into thinking out of the box and quit pissin' into the wind. We may get somewhere. I am sure the ones just watching are bummed out Like I am because of more bickering about air flow in a combustion design thread that ended in a heap.

I thought the people here may have more professional attributes in keeping a topic rolling instead, go off track. I am not exactly impressed. If any of you want to have a benficial topic with no bull****, I would gladly join, otherwise like Lenahan said, i am wasting my time on a forum that seemed to have its ducks in a line as far as tech-savvy gearheads. I plan on going to the tracks, I already have a buddy that runs work stock around where I am, Looks like I will be starting there.

I plan on bringing up a few more topics, it seems air/gas flow seems to be the BIG topic amongst people here. If you don't have something to add to the combustion discussion please stay out with the nonsense and clashes. Save it for an actual flow thread.

Any ways, lenhan, Joe, Comp, anyone do you happen to have any other views as far as the ORIGINAL QUESTION?

Hold the phone that comment wasn't aimed at you it was the CompD becoming a joke ramble.

You mentioned interest in those research papers, if you can hold tough till I'm caught up in the field I'll put a collection together and send it to you, more likley I'll just send it all.

Your last post you brought up an interesting reference and I want to comment on it when I can get some free time to put the thought together.

Back