S465, S464 what's what

stillsmokin

all out of fuel
Are they actually different turbos or not? Or is it something like a BW#169012 with a smaller exhaust housing? In reference to the non-titanium model.

Is the S465 with .9 a/r T4 available as a box turbo with a part number or pieces put together.

Who has the reasonable deals on these things?:hehe:

Who's running one on a 12v and how is the spool speed for sled pulling.

Are they actually different turbos or not? Or is it something like a BW#169012 with a smaller exhaust housing? In reference to the non-titanium model.

Is the S465 with .9 a/r T4 available as a box turbo with a part number or pieces put together.

Who has the reasonable deals on these things?:hehe:

Who's running one on a 12v and how is the spool speed for sled pulling.

I run 1 on my 12ver last year worked awesome!
Brandon

the S465 thats currently on my truck seems to spool ok but is lazzy to light hard until 20+ psi but will make 5-10psi by 2000 which isn't bad.

the S465 thats currently on my truck seems to spool ok but is lazzy to light hard until 20+ psi but will make 5-10psi by 2000 which isn't bad.

If you don't mind my asking,what housings are you running?

Chris do you have .80 t4 housings? Been tossing around the idea of a 465 single, or the twins. Tax returns are coming:hehe:

Chris do you have .80 t4 housings? Been tossing around the idea of a 465 single, or the twins. Tax returns are coming:hehe:

I am thinking of doin the same on the two wheel peeler with an external gate. :nos:

127mm inducer, 178mm exducer - cold side
It's in my kitchen at the moment.

Thread derailed.....

The PM's were productive though.

ok, pm's are great for the guy receiving them, how about some public general knowledge here!?!?!?!:hehe: i liked the has anyone found something similar out of a box question, is there a such thing? i know most are off a detroit with a machined t-4 housing put on them, but what else? is 465 the number that is factory or something that you guys building them come up with? are there some that are more desirable than others? are there a few different variations that can be used? i know there are several s-4 family chargers, how many different ones can be used to produce this particular charger? im not trying to ask a stupid question or repeat what other threads may have, some threads tell you one thing and others may say something else. lets try to keep all good info on one so someone doesnt have to search for a week trying to gather crumbs about this mysterious turbo.

There are ALOT ALOT ALOT of variations to ways that S400's come "out of the box"

Just saying "S465" only gives two pieces of general information. The charger is based on Borg Warner's S400 series chassis and it has a compressor wheel with a 65mm inducer size (slightly smaller if your being critical). After that the variations are abundant. Without extreme machining you would have at least 7 compressor housing options, more than a dozen turbine housing options, half a dozen turbine wheel options and at least that many compressor wheel options. That's not counting custom wheel and housing contours, ball bearing and liquid cooled center center sections, and whatever else I haven't mentioned.

Chris

Chris what size is an "out of the box" 465, if there is such a thing? Heard they were like a 65/74/1.32?

Back