S465, S464 what's what

And where would I get a comp housing with a flanged outlet? My comp wheel is 65/91.....

Dave

Whats your turbine wheel size? The 65/74/1.32 is compressor wheel, turbine wheel, turbine housing size.

Just saying "S465" only gives two pieces of general information. The charger is based on Borg Warner's S400 series chassis and it has a compressor wheel with a 65mm inducer size (slightly smaller if your being critical). After that the variations are abundant. Without extreme machining you would have at least 7 compressor housing options, more than a dozen turbine housing options, half a dozen turbine wheel options and at least that many compressor wheel options. That's not counting custom wheel and housing contours, ball bearing and liquid cooled center center sections, and whatever else I haven't mentioned.

Chris

so are you using the turbos with the bigger shaft that are in the neighborhood of 75mm inducer originally and clipping the fins, or finding the smaller shaft chargers that are around 65mm? i know that the 2.9 is easier to find in the area that i am in. what kind of luck have you had with these on vp trucks? im really not trying to be a pain, its just this seems to be one charger hard to find and there are so many s4's that without someone enlightening me on the smaller details, not so much how good they run, i might have a hard time tracking one of these down.:hehe:

Whats your turbine wheel size? The 65/74/1.32 is compressor wheel, turbine wheel, turbine housing size.

Turbine side is 84mm inducer, 74 exducer with a .90 T4 housing.

So mine is a 65/74/0.90.

I've been looking for a flanged outlet comp housing because mine currently has a 4" hose discharge outlet.

Dave

Turbine side is 84mm inducer, 74 exducer with a .90 T4 housing.

So mine is a 65/74/0.90.

I've been looking for a flanged outlet comp housing because mine currently has a 4" hose discharge outlet.

Dave

Dam,a 4" outlet? That's huge I didn't know they came that big. How does the turbo drive? Its on a ford correct?

Yeah it's on a Ford, spools really quick with decent sized injectors on a friends' truck, I haven't gotten mine running yet. The other guy keeps blowing the boot off, and so I'm trying to find a flanged housing I've seen in some pics posted by Smokem awhile ago.

Dave

you could find just the flange and elbow needed and weld the flange on the charger. that is gonna probably be easier to find than a whole housing.

He said call Engineered Diesel or Tim's Turbo, they know what I need.

Dave

Wow, the thread died and was revived with drama!

Seriously guys, most of these 465's are just a box turbo with a airwerks housing on them, they aren't a performance catalog turbo. Borg warner probably doesn't "endorse" the combo for some particular reason. I do know that there was an oddball GT42 Garrett made for the Detroit Diesel 50 series engine with a smaller inducer bore and a .9 A/R T6 w/g. It's a proprietary part though. So, it's pretty likely that it's a Detroit Diesel or Mercedes Benz charger that is the raw goods of the basic S465. I don't think any vendors are going to disclose this to us.

Sure, if you've got the dollars you can do all kinds of wild crazy combos, mutt stuff together etc. We all know there are a bunch of different combos for parts. Give us some credit, we're not that stupid. But, most of us don't have the kind of bread laying around for super custom parts if we're pulling in a street class where payouts are maybe $200 at the end of the night.

I gotta go cook steaks on the grill, I'll check up on this later...

I think the 465's came on mack trucks. To save cash I would get an out of the box one and get tighter housings and a gate from ED.

I've been hearing the .83 T3 is a little on the small side, there are guys who have moved to larger than .9 housings on this charger to get drive pressure down. I suppose it all depends on the application you're using it for.

s465

I've been hearing the .83 T3 is a little on the small side, there are guys who have moved to larger than .9 housings on this charger to get drive pressure down. I suppose it all depends on the application you're using it for.
".83 t3 "this is what i was looking for but in a bolt up design.* not a machine and high dollor variety.* but it has looked like i will have to do.

Back