School me on TDI's......

Damn......
ynu4eza6.jpg

Did you find out what was causing this?

Went for a 400 mile round trip to visit some family this weekend and I was able to 50 mpg with my 2009 Jetta TDI 6 speed.

But on the way there my check engine light came on. Is there a way to get the codes off the computer with out a scanner, then maybe research them on the internet? I know with the 24 valve dodge trucks if you turn the key 3 times it will give you the code numbers. Anything like that with these cars?

Hey guys. Just got my 2009 Jetta in the shop to have the oil changed. I also had a check engine light on that the say is for the glow plugs. Has anyone ever changed a glow plug on one of these motors?

They're telling me it's going to be a $270 fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are very expensive glow plugs! Easy to change however, pop the hood, pull the engine cover and they're right there.

Cool! The guy was telling me it was like an hour and a half to two hour job!

I can change one at a time, I don't need to change all 4 , correct?

Yes those are the same exact glow plugs I found. Much better than $130 that the shop quoted me.

They look pretty simple. Look about like a spark plug. As long as they don't brake off any where.

Found out today that the cam might be bad in my jetta, I bought it knowing full well that it would happen, so now what? Who makes a good can for these engines?

I replaced the cam in my wives 2006 Jetta a couple of months back and used and AMC branded kit. (made in spain) Came with black nitrided lifters (INA - updated), bearings and bolts. Pretty easy job and have gone 12,000 kms so far and no issues.

Got the official word from the VW doctor, she's getting a colt stage 2 cam..... And my dual mass flywheel is making noise so I'm gonna give Peter at southbend a call.

Mine was down to 33-34mpg with the bad cam, I'm curious to see what she'll do with a new cam, and the muffler and egr deleted

Mine dropped that far. This is the first tank since repair and no AC. It has always pulled 38 except when the cam was biting the dust

I consistently get right around 44.5 with my 09. That's hand calculated everytime I get fuel. But the computer isn't that far off!

Just got it back and put about 30 miles on her so far, power is better and seems to run smoother overall except for one thing......it idles really rough, and I'm getting a code for a fuel temperature sensor, could that be causing the rough idle?

Back