School me on TDI's......

^^^^you don't need that car..you just need to sell it to me..

Last edited:
honestly what is the big stink about the DSG cars?? im looking at 2 06's and both of them are very nice but have the auto in them..is it a deal breaker if your not planning to make substantial power with them?

Sharing a few pics.

The 2000 with 204k miles
IMG_20140406_113422739.jpg

The 98 with 171k miles
IMG_20140413_193758752_HDR.jpg

I will see your cam and raise you 4 lifters. From my 98 that was 4 teeth off timed.
IMG_20140423_223224461.jpg

Still working on it.

what is a 2000 jetta GLS TDI with 215k miles 5 speed and has every option but the monsoon system worth?? only 2 or 3 sratches on the front and a ripped loose drivers side door handle, that I can see car has ZERO rust, been a Kansas car its whole life and looks to have been takin care of. red exterior color with black leather interior. brand new timing belt and water pump, still checking on if the tensioner and pulleys were replaced or not. asking $5950?? ill get a couple pics up here shortly.

Here are the pictures

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I wouldn't have trouble paying that if the electrical side seems ok

Monkey Fist Rage

what is a 2000 jetta GLS TDI with 215k miles 5 speed and has every option but the monsoon system worth?? only 2 or 3 sratches on the front and a ripped loose drivers side door handle, that I can see car has ZERO rust, been a Kansas car its whole life and looks to have been takin care of. red exterior color with black leather interior. brand new timing belt and water pump, still checking on if the tensioner and pulleys were replaced or not. asking $5950?? ill get a couple pics up here shortly.

I have 245k on mine, it's an 01. I have had no electrical problems, car has never let me sit anywhere. Mine is only a GL (power locks are the only option, and I believe they are standard anyhow), I've had people make me random $5k offers for it. I think you're safe paying $6k for a nicer car with less miles, just make sure the timing belt job was done completely like you stated.

Will

update, car is actually been a texas car its whole life ( no a spec of rust ). issues are as follows - Heater does not work the best, but AC works flawless
? check engine light is on due to a faulty glow plug relay but dealer replaced both relays in the harness and CEL still stays on, they think its the harness itself? window motor regulators make noises when window gets close to down on the front driver and passenger windows but noise stops when switch is returned to neutral position and windows all operate good though?? has a cracked windshield.. other than a few scratches and 2 very small dings the present dealer salesman has put 4k + miles on it driving all over texas and has had zero issues..clear title. I get that its 14 years old and I don't expect it to be perfect but all ive heard about these little buggers is yes they get fantastic MPG however a lot of them have electrical gremlins and I wont lie the electrical gremlins scare me a tad in these cars. bottom dollar is $4400..worth it still? ill post the videos he sent me in a bit. thanks again for everyones help

Last edited:
update, car is actually been a texas car its whole life ( no a spec of rust ). issues are as follows - Heater does not work the best, but AC works flawless

? check engine light is on due to a faulty glow plug relay but dealer replaced both relays in the harness and CEL still stays on, they think its the harness itself? window motor regulators make noises when window gets close to down on the front driver and passenger windows but noise stops when switch is returned to neutral position and windows all operate good though??.. other than a few scratches and 2 very small dings the present dealer salesman has put 4k + miles on it driving all over texas and has had zero issues..clear title. I wont lie the electrical gremlins scare me a tad in these cars. bottom dollar is $4400..worth it still?

Sounds like it's worth it. GP harness is available from idparts.com and they are a known failure no big deal. May just need window motors or tracks cleaned

Sent from my flashscan v2

I'd love to buy this car. That's exactly what I want. If it were black I'd be on the phone!

Ya pretty much I like the red.. But I wanted black.. I may just buy it anyways put a grand into it and drive it.

? check engine light is on due to a faulty glow plug relay but dealer replaced both relays in the harness and CEL still stays on, they think its the harness itself? window motor regulators make noises when window gets close to down on the front driver and passenger windows but noise stops when switch is returned to neutral position and windows all operate good though?? has a cracked windshield.. other than a few scratches and 2 very small dings the present dealer salesman has put 4k + miles on it driving all over texas and has had zero issues..clear title. I get that its 14 years old and I don't expect it to be perfect but all ive heard about these little buggers is yes they get fantastic MPG however a lot of them have electrical gremlins and I wont lie the electrical gremlins scare me a tad in these cars. bottom dollar is $4400..worth it still? ill post the videos he sent me in a bit. thanks again for everyones help

Did someone put aftermarket speakers in the from doors, if so and they didn't space them out then the track system is rubbing the magnet when it goes by the back of the speaker.

I have owned a gas jetta since 2002, never once have I had an electrical issue, I have had my second one for almost two years now and it hasn't had any electrical issues either.

Back