Second turbo in 10 months

DionysiosA76

CumDizle
Bogged it right out of the gate, then poured the fuel on to compensate, resulting in this...
ezuzebed.jpg
9yvega2a.jpg
7u9ebezy.jpg

You might need a good gauge for drive pressure? Can you tell what broke first? Shaft break?

umune2az.jpg

It may have contacted the housing, but then again, it's not like it was a sloppy unit. I believe the shaft broke first.

Dang, you popped the hell out of that charger. That sucks.

It did. Kinda irritating though. I'm out a truck and whatever I'm going to get ripped off for to purchase a new turbo.

What size turbo? Fueling? Definitely need a drive pressure gauge if you're eating turbos like that.

what size sticks?
whose tuning/ timing when it went?
what were the EGT's when it went?
did you check your oil supply?

What are the turbo specs on both turbos? Maybe too small of turbine and housing with too big of compressor?

Non gated? May be over speeding it and the wheel is coming apart

Why a BOV? Were you barking the hell out of it before? Because that can be fixed with your foot.

In a manual, with a charger where the map is wider than the engines operating range, surge is almost unavoidable while running through gears.

In a manual, with a charger where the map is wider than the engines operating range, surge is almost unavoidable while running through gears.
I always thought avoiding surge would be easier on a manual because you aren't dropping rpm as fast as an automatic

Back