selecting and deselecting pid's

outlaw99

im having trouble when I select my pid's then deselecting the ones I dont want to log? is there a trick to this... it just automatically gives me like 20 or more parameters to log in each pid. Thanks Danny

does the same to me. says they can only be selected from the upper list (groups).

Cummins PID selections are in lists/groups - you have to select the ENTIRE group, you can't select individual PID's from the group - it's all or nothing.

This is a restriction/requirement of the Cummins ECM, unlike Duramax and other GM applications where users can select the individual PID's they wish to log.

Cheers
Cindy

Cummins PID selections are in lists/groups - you have to select the ENTIRE group, you can't select individual PID's from the group - it's all or nothing.

This is a restriction/requirement of the Cummins ECM, unlike Duramax and other GM applications where users can select the individual PID's they wish to log.

Cheers
Cindy

that kinda makes it hard to read a log when you have 96 thigs on the log...lol is there anyway to move to pid's together say if you just wanted like, boost,rpm,timing,rail pressure,main,pilot injection all together? and when I go to dashboard b on the scan tool it does nothing, I can see everything working good on the regular screen just when I swith to dashboard b nothing works, the tach is at 0 same as every other gauge. sorry for so many questions, thanks Danny

You have to set up the dashboard yourself. Info is is the help, tutorial section of the software.

You have to set up the dashboard yourself. Info is is the help, tutorial section of the software.

Ok. ill try that.. my gf is prob pissed I've been in the garage since 5 playing with efi live on the truck... hahaha

that kinda makes it hard to read a log when you have 96 thigs on the log...lol is there anyway to move to pid's together say if you just wanted like, boost,rpm,timing,rail pressure,main,pilot injection all together? and when I go to dashboard b on the scan tool it does nothing, I can see everything working good on the regular screen just when I swith to dashboard b nothing works, the tach is at 0 same as every other gauge. sorry for so many questions, thanks Danny

If you were logging 96 different things the frame rate would be very slow.

The design of the Cummins ECM is the limiting factor here. You either log everything in the group, or nothing in the group. You will need to determine which groups are important to get good frame rates.

I guess this issue is probably the single biggest reason why there are not many data logging products available.

Cheers
Cindy

If you were logging 96 different things the frame rate would be very slow.

The design of the Cummins ECM is the limiting factor here. You either log everything in the group, or nothing in the group. You will need to determine which groups are important to get good frame rates.

I guess this issue is probably the single biggest reason why there are not many data logging products available.

Cheers
Cindy

It might not be exactly 96 things but Its about 30-40. Thanks for the help guys.

Back