side stacks..like this. What do u guys think?

Do whatever makes you happy just don't use the same chromer that they did on that truck. I've seen it up close and the chrome on the stacks looks horrible.

If you have access to photoshop try putting a couple of different designs together and place them on that photo of your truck. IMHO 6" Aussies turned 45° look good on everything!

I agree they probabaly wouldn't look right on a srw truck. But it's your truck, do what you want to it. :Cheer:

if it was a dually then go for it but i just dont think it would look right on a srw just my$.02

if i can find a pick of my buddy ill post it up its on a single wheel and it doesnt look bad at all but its done a little different then the red dually

im not sure what it cost him to have body shop do this but it looks dang good to me and the only one that i've seen its been done for about 5years

Attachments

• smoky truck1.jpg
    smoky truck1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 84
  • smoky truck 2.jpg
    smoky truck 2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 49
  • smoky burnt out in his drive way.jpg
    smoky burnt out in his drive way.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 52
I've seen several trucks with the stacks between the bed and the cab... none of them look right.

If you don't mind looking like a complete idiot to every single person you pass on the road, then more power to you.

Hideous just sucks as a word for describing stacks done this way.

Lower the rear 2-3" and do a single 5-6" black stack and that truck would look killer.

oh so heres what im thinking guys. Forget the stacks built into the bed idea, i wanna put a hood stack on it but only when i pull cause i still want to be able to drive it everyday on the street with having the cops up my rear. So i wanna make a hood stack but only when i pull and run my normal exhaust when im on the street but i dont wanna have a whole in my hood so im thinking of buying a chrome fuel door and putting in the hood for when im running the normal exhaust and then take it out and throw the hood stack on. What do you guys think of that? Im thinking it would be pretty slick

isnt there room to route an exhaust pipe without having to remove anything or having to flip the turbo around?

Just so you know, you put a chrome fuel door in your hood, we will make fun of you.

isnt there room to route an exhaust pipe without having to remove anything or having to flip the turbo around?

You can leave it in the normal position and route the pipe around from behind. I thought you were doing twins? That's a whole different can of worms.

Just get a box heater exhaust switch off a new mack granite and rig under there and u wont have to take the exhaust of just move the lever and remove the stack from the hood

idk if im going twins or not. thinking of just picking up at silver bullet since it will be cheaper and a whole lot simpler have to see what the winter brings i guess and dieselplacetexan what do you suggest i use to fill the whole while the hood stack isnt in?

Back