silver bullet on 12 valve

alright folks, I'm having a hard time deciding what to do after seeing some mixed answers here, I'm only 17 so I'm looking for some guidance. What would you's honestly do if you had to decide what to do. Do I sell my current turbo and go bigger, or do I try to get my timing advanced and see how it does. will my 62mm charger support 500-550HP that I want right now? Tanks folks, willy

I'd say hold out, I know there's a set of Twins for sale on the board (40/3B) and another set is about to join it.

Jim

alright folks, I'm having a hard time deciding what to do after seeing some mixed answers here, I'm only 17 so I'm looking for some guidance. What would you's honestly do if you had to decide what to do. Do I sell my current turbo and go bigger, or do I try to get my timing advanced and see how it does. will my 62mm charger support 500-550HP that I want right now? Tanks folks, willy

A 62 will def support 500hp

Yeah, my b1(62 - 65 - 14) has a few chips in the compressor blade and still made 480rwhp and I trap 100mph in the 1/4mi and my set up is still with the old marine 370's

Hold out for a little bit and put something under that 62 when money allows. You have a great secondary turbo for a killer set of twins.

Hold out for a little bit and put something under that 62 when money allows. You have a great secondary turbo for a killer set of twins.

I want to but, I've been looking and I don;t know if I can even peice it together myself for less than $1500, and that's a bit of money for me.

I had a set of twins on my truck for a while and got rid of them. They were hybrid 35/40 over hx60. They would build right at a 100 lbs of boost and i like my single at 60 to 70 lbs better for everything but towing. The only advantage i can see to twins is the deffinantly lower temps while towing. The singles hit harder and i believe run better when pullin. Plus, with a single, you only have to worry about one turbo going not one going and taking the other out too. My pullin wot temps actually decreases with the single and that could be the top charger, but it was supposed to flow like a 62. The silver bullet is a great turbo and worth every penny. I drove my brothers truck to 336 ft pullin the mean green sled saturday with a silver66. Seems to work good for us.

Timing didnt help me EGT wise. I gained about 40hp from going 17ish to 20*. But diveability was a lot better. Still cant figure out mty EGT situation though.

With your auto, Im not sure the silver bullet is the best option. If you had a man. I would say go for it. big thing is, headgasket wont exactly like that turbo. With o-rings, it shouldnt be a problem. I do think the silver bullet is a great turbo, on a good engine. Maybe a 64 would be better, they make good HP and will help you cool it some too.

Advanced timing is going to make for WORSE spool-up... the more timing, the worse your bottom-end gets. If i were you.....id start with your small single, and as you add more and more fuel to your truck, upgrade the turbo one step at a time. That way you really can learn alot about tuning your truck. so in this case id say start with a 64. maybe a big 62. i run about 525 hp with a 62. you find ways to make it run cooler. Its all part of the fun.

well folks, I've passed up all of my options for the silverbullet, so now I'm looking for some help on how to get this 62/14 to spool better and make me happier as far as it's performance. I know many of you have said timing, but what else could I do to make it run better, as far as pump tuning and other airflow mods?

Wait....so you couldn't make up your mind between a 66 or a 62 and now you want MORE spool out of a 62? I guess a shot of nitrous? lol

Last edited:
Back