Second is the silverstar headlights

Attachments

• October 25 2009 Stock Headlamps only 001.jpg
    October 25 2009 Stock Headlamps only 001.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCN0532.JPG
    DSCN0532.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 43
lmfao makes it just like daylight!! looks like I need to sell my hids and get a set of those!

Here's the real after photo

Attachments

• October 25 2009 Silverstar Headlamps 005.jpg
    October 25 2009 Silverstar Headlamps 005.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 42
Compared to HIDs on Low Beam

Spring09030.jpg

i wanna put hids in my truck. where did you get the kit from to do that big juice??

I have a buddy that has a set on his truck...separate ballasts, etc...but they keep blowing out....
Is this a common problem with HID's?
I don't know what the brand of his are...

xenondepot.com but dont waste your money on the high/low in one unless its the bulb with two seperate filaments. the one that actually moves the bulb inside the base is a JOKE. what a waste of money. the low beams are plenty bright even with 20 percent tint on the windsheild in everything but offroad situations! but hey, you really need some nice offroad lights if your gonna do it at night! they now have 55watt hids out and thats what I would look into if I needed a set. just remember the higher the kelvin temp, the lower lumen output. 4300k is pretty white 6000k is about right for nice look and good output. that being said the 6000k i got the first time around was really blue and looked pretty cheesy, i know have 5000k from xenondepot and they still are blue er (lol sp) than the 6000k phillips brand bulbs I had in my camaro. but good luck on finding them for a reasonable price with the correct base to fit our trucks! but please for the sake of making us diesel guys not look like flaming fruit cakes don't get anything higher than a 6000k!! I'm tired of seeing these honda boys that bought a diesel and put 8000k or even 10000k purple asszz bulbs in their trucks! lol

I have a buddy that has a set on his truck...separate ballasts, etc...but they keep blowing out....
Is this a common problem with HID's?
I don't know what the brand of his are...

It is a common problem with the cheap kits. In this case, you get what you pay for...

Back