Single Disk Converter?

CSM diesel

Engineer
Does "THE Mr. Garmon" make a single disk converter? Happen to have holding capacity info as well as price?

:st:

About to put one in my daily driver and give it a good stress test. Will post results in a few weeks.

cost, single disk is cheaper. But it takes more line pressure in the trans to have similar holding power of the triple disk...

Stall speeds will be same options as the triples. We are going to stick some power to one with Jeff"s tranny tricks and see how they will hold good power. Until then we are sticking with offering triples. Results will be posted in a few weeks. The truck has a broken input shaft and a blown head gasket, got to address those issues first.

Anyone have any insight as to why most people do not recommend a single disk converter with 500hp and above?

Is it the fact that it takes more pressure to hold a single disk vs. a clutch pack?

If this is true, why not have the TV lever make full stroke at part throttle (e.g. Mr. Ponci's cam over TV lever)?

do i need a triple or will a single work for me

Call Phil Taylor , owner of DPC (Diesel Performance Convertors)
770-318-8698

Or Jeff Garmon at the number in my sig....

Or if you need another contact....You can call me ...David Elrod 404-791-6320...I'll help ya get in touch with'm.....

I just got a triple from Phil Taylor, it's GREAT and I don't have a ton of power at the moment. It locks up great and holds everything I've got. It's night a day over a stock unit. I would give Phil or Jeff a call, besides everything I said above they have the best prices you'll find. ROB

Call Phil Taylor , owner of DPC (Diesel Performance Convertors)
770-318-8698

Or Jeff Garmon at the number in my sig....

Or if you need another contact....You can call me ...David Elrod 404-791-6320...I'll help ya get in touch with'm.....
What % stator are you running in your T/C?
Billy

Back