Slipless Antifriction Clutch

HAHA, Im sorry if I have not updated my signature or "About Me" section. Obviously nobody here knows who I am but you have all seen my work before. While I am not going to describe my idea on a public forum. I will explain who I am and what my experiences are.
My name is Levi Aberle. co-founder of Aberle Offroad. My family owns and operates Rocky Mountain Mfg, Aberle Offroad, and Freedom Construction. Rocky Mountain Mfg is formally known as Aberle Industrial Mfg. and before that was A1-Pattern and Foundry. My Family for 3 generations has engineered and manufactured sophisticated parts and tooling for companies such as (some names you will recognize) Banks, ATS Diesel, Caterpillar, Boeing, just to name a few. from 2002-2009 we were the largest nonferrous foundry in Colorado.

You idiot!!!! This will never work, why would you ever waste time and money doing this!!! Oh sorry I was just beening like half the people in this thread.

I say go for it you clearly have the capailtys todo so.

Mike

Zero people have yet to say if they would pay upwards of $4000 for this unicorn item...

Zero people have yet to say if they would pay upwards of $4000 for this unicorn item...

If it could be done, and be reliable, I think it would sale easily for $4k. Assuming that is the package cost. Especially if it doesn't need a special input shaft, special bell house, or need rebuilt part way through the season. However if it's $4k for clutch, plus wiring package for $1k, and $1k for bell house and so on, then it really doesn't make much sense.

Back in the day, when diesel pulling was in it's infancy, we were buying the TST ceramic clutch thinking it was an awesome choice compared to stock but it was $600! Then after welding a few together pulling, the twin disc began to make more sense but it was $2500 with the input shaft! Then as technology improved it made sense to buy a "pulling" twin disc, then the Iron Giant, then 3 disc, then 4 disc, then....

I would not, Peter offers a practically indestructible dual disk setup already for my application. Although slightly noisy at times I have never installed one that was horribly stiff on the pedal and they are all relatively tameable on the street. I can get one of those all day for 12-1400. There's no reason for me to want to pay 4k for an imaginary item. Even if unicorns did exist I could buy 3 SBDD before I could get one of those and they would last me longer than a lifetime.

I would not, Peter offers a practically indestructible dual disk setup already for my application. Although slightly noisy at times I have never installed one that was horribly stiff on the pedal and they are all relatively tameable on the street. I can get one of those all day for 12-1400. There's no reason for me to want to pay 4k for an imaginary item. Even if unicorns did exist I could buy 3 SBDD before I could get one of those and they would last me longer than a lifetime.

This ^^

This is the exact point I am trying to make. Like I said I am all for innovation but there comes a point where polishing a turd is pointless. There is no market for an overpriced item we are discussing not to mention nowhere in this thread has a practical alternative to a clutch been mentioned. I am sorry but magnets as a replacement for a clutch is asinine. Sure it would be cool to see done but nowhere near practical as a replacement for a clutch. Everyone says "if it lasted a lifetime blah blah". When has ANYTHING been made to last a lifetime on a vehicle? Everything has wear somewhere. Where does one get the energy to power the electromagnets proposed?

For a puller or competition vehicle there is no practical use.

For a daily driver a pretty damn decent auto can be built for $4000 and there are already options for the manuals for much less money.

Again, Guys. I never said that is what I would sell it for, I never said that's what it would cost. In fact the first clutch I make will probably cost upwards of $15-20k. With that being said, if somebody else were to have already marketed this product, I (personally) would be willing to pay up to $4000 for a whole package. To be honest this idea I have is so simple I'm surprised it doesn't exist.

You should be more specific with your idea. Otherwise, these guys will continue to knock you around. LOL
Are you thinking along the lines of electronic gen drives? Like on the locomotives and Heavy equipment ?

^^^^ That.

If you gave us an idea of how it works or what it is we might be more accepting to the idea. Otherwise you just sound like brian from smarty talking to the vp crowd LOL

You should be more specific with your idea. Otherwise, these guys will continue to knock you around. LOL
Are you thinking along the lines of electronic gen drives? Like on the locomotives and Heavy equipment ?

Then someone else reads it and may have the ability to get to it quicker.

A few small ideas and it's all over

What would your top dollar be for a hypothetical clutch that will not slip and never wears? Me... Id pay upwards of $4000. This is all hypothetical. Lets talk about the drawbacks, it weighs 25% more and it could be too aggresive on input shafts. The positives, it is easyer to install, it lasts a lifetime, it has no moving parts when driveline is engauged. Lets keep going! Ideas?

do you work for obama care?

Just my opinion, but if all you want to do is talk around it, perhaps you should have left it in your head, and not presented it to the public just yet. $.02

Exactly! Reason for posting it is to see the responses from people who I would consider "interested" prior to having it completed. This gives me an idea whether to make production tooling or one-off tooling.

And he is getting feedback though, just without giving away what exactly he is doing to get there.

he's getting forum chatter....

the folks out there 'getting **** done' aren't pounding a keyboard, they're getting their hands dirty.

he's getting forum chatter....

the folks out there 'getting **** done' aren't pounding a keyboard, they're getting their hands dirty.

So far all my post have added up to about 20 min. Thats your interpertation of keyboard pounding?
What about the hundreds of hours in front of SolidWorks iv spent? To me thats keyboard puonding :lolly:

If you ever build this monster, give me a buzz and I can write it up for Diesel World!

Back