Slooooooooowww Site?

Billysgoat said:
If they have been cracking down on message boards could it be the filters at work that are causing it??? That or the tech weenies reading it before letting you load it?? :poke:

They removed all the filters a couple weeks ago (right after they blocked all forums). Doesnt mean they arnt reading before it loads however.. I checked it again just as I was leaving Tech gone home and it was still slow.

Strange thing is sometimes (not very often) it loads like usual but 98% of the time it's really SLOW!!!

I did some maintiance othe home systems, defrag cookies etc and seems to be normal here, I left my system at work on doing a defrag/ disk clean up so I'll see if it's workin any better in the am.

dan

Still slow, taking 2-3 min to load a page, all the "other" sites load fine.

Anyone?

dn

still super fast here. I am also sharing 2 t1s with 450 other people who most of which download music constantly. sooo if you do the math that equals less than dialup speed for each of us......still loads fast....Have you tried a different browswer for S+G's?

Travis

I cant load anything on this computer,
The strange this is as I mentioned earlier up untill last Thursday I think it was all was good.
just sucks to wait, I have a short attention span so I forget what I was looking for by the time it loads...

dan

Have you tried running some kind of spyware/adware program? that crap tends to slow a computer down.

Ahh I was gonna mention that, I thought it had been mentioned before. I guess I have to work on my reading comprehension. lol.

Adaware and Spybot are your best friends in the internet world.

Travis

Dan,

As much as I hate to pass the buck on this one ..the problem is somewhere between your IP host and our server?? I wish there was more that I could tell you but thats all I can right now.

wideopen said:
Dan,

As much as I hate to pass the buck on this one ..the problem is somewhere between your IP host and our server?? I wish there was more that I could tell you but thats all I can right now.

Well I guess I'll just do less Comp surfing then. Thant sucks...

Maybe it will get better (or worse) after we move into our new office in Jan.

Tks

dan

For what it's worth, the site has been slower than normal for me for the past few weeks, but starting yesterday it ZIPS!, no clue..

Back