Small turbo question

madmikeismad

So mad
I'll eventually be wanting a charger that flows >= hx35, and spools faster. I'm assuming everyone is going to recommend a BB garrett, but I'm garrett stupid.

What should I look for?

Thanks.

3788r might be a good one. What power range and what inter cooling will you be using?

A lot of good options in that size range, depends on how much you want to spend and your power goals. Garrett, Turbonetics, and Precision would all have good options.

3788r might be a good one. What power range and what inter cooling will you be using?

A lot of good options in that size range, depends on how much you want to spend and your power goals. Garrett, Turbonetics, and Precision would all have good options.

I forgot to add, I'd really really really like it to be T3 flange.

Needs to flow 400 comfortably, 500 if pushed hard. With the best spool possible. Internal gate if one is needed, no room for egate. Water/air IC.

I'd be suspicious of those ebay units. Mine was around $1300 from Turbo Resource, who seems to be one of the cheapest reputable places I've come across.

Turbine is smaller than a hx35, compressor flows similar to a cast 88mm (63.5) Garrett, and is rated up to a 4.5:1 PR on the map. I'd guess it would be spooling around 1200 rpm, but thats just a guess.

I'd be suspicious of those ebay units. Mine was around $1300 from Turbo Resource, who seems to be one of the cheapest reputable places I've come across.

Turbine is smaller than a hx35, compressor flows similar to a cast 88mm (63.5) Garrett, and is rated up to a 4.5:1 PR on the map. I'd guess it would be spooling around 1200 rpm, but thats just a guess.

Ok, so that'd be a significant spool increase on a 1.9 block lol. A few hundred rpm at least. All the links say its capable of 650hp, but I'm guessing thats on a gasser. What would it be capable of on diesel?

Mike, you know the easiest way to spot a knockoff? It's listed as a GTX3076R, not a Garrett GTX3076R... just like "HX40" and Holset HX40.

I don't mind buying from eBay under the right circumstances, sometimes you gotta read between the lines.

What about a gt35r "61.4 inducer, 68mm turbine wheel"

How would that perform compared to an hx35? Good for 4-500hp?

I told the guy I'd like that 35r. Hopefully it will make an easy 400. I'd like to think so being 60mm+. And the spool should be awesome with ball bearing and the small turbine (which I guess is 62mm exducer). What size open T3 housing should I look for to flow what I need? I want a .6X, but I don't think it will flow enough.

I told the guy I'd like that 35r. Hopefully it will make an easy 400. I'd like to think so being 60mm+. And the spool should be awesome with ball bearing and the small turbine (which I guess is 62mm exducer). What size open T3 housing should I look for to flow what I need? I want a .6X, but I don't think it will flow enough.

I'm planning on actually getting my parts tomorrow so I can install my GTX30. I shall update if I get it all on.

Please.

I found that the gt35r flows roughly 200cfm more than an hx35. Since I don't understand compressor maps, I'm hoping that it will bring in more air earlier than the hx, on top of just spooling faster.

By the way, I went with the .63 housing.

Back