Software beta testers needed for 'Anteater'

Hi I have been reading the post about the Trans controller for 47re/RH and I build a few of these transmissions in my area and would like to know more about the controller and the cost. I am currently working on a 96 47re that stack shifts bad and with all the performance upgrades on the truck the transmission is killing it. Who would I contact to discuss
Your best bet is to post questions in this thread. Between the beta testers and myself we can get it answered.

They're selling as fast as I can make them; right now it's backlogged about 2 weeks. I personally test drive each one in my truck before packaging.

If you'd like, PM me and I can give you the software download link. You don't need the controller to play with the shift point tuning tool.

I'm hoping to have my Anteater finished installed in my Dakota here shortly!! Currently building a TPS mount for my throttle pedal.

Not sure what is on my computer do I need windows 7 or 8 to work the program? Or was the post saw about it just an update for windows 7 and 8 to work

It does need Win 7 or 8, and will install some additional software if needed. Very straight forward.

I emailed these questions to Brandon as well, but it sound like hes been super busy lately. So I will post them here too.

First, does the In cab remote have an input for OD on/off to use the factory switch on the pendulum, or does it have its own momentary switch?

Are their any momentary inputs for push button shifting? Do you have an input for a lock up switch, either momentary or on/off?

How is TPS monitored? do you have to tap into the signal? Whats done with the factory wiring? Does it plug into your controller or just left hanging? If just left hanging, will any CELs be thrown by unplugging the trans harness and VSS harness? IF they are no longer used in any way, can you see any issue in getting a PCM and PCM harness from a manual truck and using that? Should keep CELs and dash lights at bay. Would just have to make sure the NSS works.

Also, we talked about valve bodies earlier, but what about the Firepunk Valve body is special? I saw something about a TV delete option. Can you please go into more detail about this. While I like the way my current valve body shifts (just not the pattern in the PCM) if the FP VB is a better addition to this controller, it may be the better way to go.

Also, while I looked at the software, how could I get the trans to lock in 2nd gear, but unlock for shifts if I want it to?

Thanks

I emailed these questions to Brandon as well, but it sound like hes been super busy lately. So I will post them here too.

First, does the In cab remote have an input for OD on/off to use the factory switch on the pendulum, or does it have its own momentary switch?

Are their any momentary inputs for push button shifting? Do you have an input for a lock up switch, either momentary or on/off?

How is TPS monitored? do you have to tap into the signal? Whats done with the factory wiring? Does it plug into your controller or just left hanging? If just left hanging, will any CELs be thrown by unplugging the trans harness and VSS harness? IF they are no longer used in any way, can you see any issue in getting a PCM and PCM harness from a manual truck and using that? Should keep CELs and dash lights at bay. Would just have to make sure the NSS works.

Also, we talked about valve bodies earlier, but what about the Firepunk Valve body is special? I saw something about a TV delete option. Can you please go into more detail about this. While I like the way my current valve body shifts (just not the pattern in the PCM) if the FP VB is a better addition to this controller, it may be the better way to go.

Also, while I looked at the software, how could I get the trans to lock in 2nd gear, but unlock for shifts if I want it to?

Thanks

Keep in mind I have a beta and things may change slightly.

The wired remote has a momentary for OD enable/disable and another for tune selection. It has one LED for OD, 3 for tune, which is one for each of your 3 loaded tunes.

I planned to use a non OE tps, but have since gotten one to utilize.
(I believe) Ant only needs the signal 5v input from the factory TPS, allowing you to retain cruise control.
I have no CEL lights as a result of the PCM being unhooked. It is logging codes. I believe I has a trans temp light at one point, but don't recall why.

I can only speculate that the FP VB will virtually ensure proper operation and customer satisfaction. With that said, mine is a DTT with roughly 100,000 miles and functions flawlessly with this control. I was ready to scrap the truck before hand.

Brandon will have to assess what you need for early lockup with unlocked shifts. I have to say I'm curious about your application for this.
There are ways to accomplish anything though.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply.

The reason I am asking about locking in 2nd but unlocking for shifts is for towing purposes. Id rather not put the input shaft through locked shifts loaded down if it can be avoided.

as for the truck:
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-non-powertrain/1134602-grey-goat-build-thread.html

I despise the way the 02 PCM is set to shift. 1>2, 2>3, 3rd locked, shift to OD locked, then immediately unlock, and lock back up at 45mph... its absolutely retarded. If you're light enough on the throttle it will stay unlocked in 3rd and shift in to OD with out being locked, and that's fine. You have to be super light on the throttle though, anything over 12-15% will lock it up in 3rd... Of course I drive around it and just keep OD off when needed.

I was hoping that there was an input on the Ant Eater for OD. This would allow the user to keep the functionality of the OD switch on the factory shifter.

looking at the soft ware, how does one set down shift points. Perhaps Brandon, or someone, can post a how to on creating charts to get them to do what you want.

You can set the lockup as early as you want and it'll still up shift and down shift. I have it that way on one of mine tunes. It acts as if you have the lockup switch. I wish I brought my laptop with me I would take a screen shot to show you. One of mine is set where it goes to second around 22 mph and lockup is 25 mph.

Last edited:
You can downshift while torque converter is locked?
It down shifts like the factory pcm would. Without a screen shot it's hard to explain how it works. You set the 1-2 shift, 2-3 shift, OD on, TQ lock and, TQ unlock.

It looks like a dyno graph, across one side you have mph and the other side throttle percent.

I think you missed my point. I understand what you've said though. I want to know if its possible to lock up 2nd and 3rd, but it unlock to shift... Locked shifts are not necessary for every day driving, Im not really interested in putting that much stress on the input while towing either. If its not possible, then its not possible. Doesn't make me like the controller any less.

Back