Speed limit street diesel class

99GreenCummins

That guy....
Anyone ever pulled in one?

Our county fair is advertising one, I have no idea if it will actually be enforced or not. 8500lb street diesel with 17mph speed limit. It is a actual class for our local organization. I think I did 16.5 at the other brush pull I hooked at this summer, so I may be ok but this track is tacky and I may go faster.

I would expect if they advertise it with a limit it will be enforced.

I've never heard of a speed limit, how do you control that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Their intention was to make it a very entry level class for near stock trucks so that those guys could have decently long pulls instead of pulling in the upper classes. They enforce it by the speed monitor on the sled and if you go over 17.0mph your out. You can't make everyone happy but this will ussually keep it to where it is sub 500hp trucks running 16-18mph depending on the track.

Their intention was to make it a very entry level class for near stock trucks so that those guys could have decently long pulls instead of pulling in the upper classes. They enforce it by the speed monitor on the sled and if you go over 17.0mph your out. You can't make everyone happy but this will ussually keep it to where it is sub 500hp trucks running 16-18mph depending on the track.

Is there 3 horns like in farm stock speed limit tractor classes or one horn and your out? I haven't been to an afpa pull this year.

Is there 3 horns like in farm stock speed limit tractor classes or one horn and your out? I haven't been to an afpa pull this year.

If you go over 17 at all your out. They were gonna do the horn thing but too many ways to cheat it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you go over 17 at all your out. They were gonna do the horn thing but too many ways to cheat it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know. Not sure if I will hook or not. Now that I know how to launch it I'm guessing I will go over the mph.

Dumbest f&*$ing thing I have ever done. A couple pulls in Michigan when I was workstock did this.

It ussually works with most local sleds/tracks...that wasn't the case last night. Sled was letting some stock trucks get that speed.

Lol. Is this just an arbitrary mph they came up with or is there some math behind it?

I talked to some of the people that actually pull in the 17mph class and they really seemed to enjoy it. I personally don't get it and definately don't want any part of it, that being said I don't have a problem with with it of some people actually get to have fun pulling in that class. Not everybody can afford to build a competitive pulling truck ,guess this gives them a oppurtunity to feel like they can be competitive. I do understand the people that dislike the class.good with the bad I guess.

I talked to some of the people that actually pull in the 17mph class and they really seemed to enjoy it. I personally don't get it and definately don't want any part of it, that being said I don't have a problem with with it of some people actually get to have fun pulling in that class. Not everybody can afford to build a competitive pulling truck ,guess this gives them a oppurtunity to feel like they can be competitive. I do understand the people that dislike the class.good with the bad I guess.

Exactly. 6 of one, half dozen of the other. I think its a great class for the fairly stock, street legal trucks but isn't a great class for spectators.

I kind of regret not pulling but after watching JR springer hop like a bunny and the few other breaks, I enjoyed sitting along the side drinking beer.

Back