Speed limit street diesel class

Exactly. 6 of one, half dozen of the other. I think its a great class for the fairly stock, street legal trucks but isn't a great class for spectators.

I kind of regret not pulling but after watching JR springer hop like a bunny and the few other breaks, I enjoyed sitting along the side drinking beer.

That's all that counts todd!! I drive by but went on to a hog roast in devola...:nos: haha

I really enjoyed pulling on that sled, but it certainly made for lots of DQ's. It helps to get guys on the track that might not pull anymore because they don't want to be left at half track against the modified class...17mph is a number they just came up with but as Todd said about doing around 16-16.5mph with his truck, that's what they have the class for. If those same guys ran in the modified they are still going to be the same speed. Some may try to slow there trucks down but that is very hard. It does normally work out much better than it did at Marietta. It is what it is...entry class for fun that requires very little teching.

I really enjoyed pulling on that sled, but it certainly made for lots of DQ's. It helps to get guys on the track that might not pull anymore because they don't want to be left at half track against the modified class...17mph is a number they just came up with but as Todd said about doing around 16-16.5mph with his truck, that's what they have the class for. If those same guys ran in the modified they are still going to be the same speed. Some may try to slow there trucks down but that is very hard. It does normally work out much better than it did at Marietta. It is what it is...entry class for fun that requires very little teching

Hey James who is over the pro farm classes in afpa now days?

It may have been fun to pull in, but it sucked to watch. They disqualified someone for going 17.1mph, that's a bit rediculous in my opinion
Sounded like 75 percent of the class got DQ'd

While I can not comment on this class or this hook, I can comment on the tractor classes with a speed limit. I know when they first got started everyone hated to watch them as well as hook in them. Now that class is as big as or bigger than the hot class.

Going over the speed limit is an automatic DQ. I assume they had a huge sign at the end of the track with instant speed limit and distance posted, the driver can see this and should know when to slow up a bit or not.

While I can not comment on this class or this hook, I can comment on the tractor classes with a speed limit. I know when they first got started everyone hated to watch them as well as hook in them. Now that class is as big as or bigger than the hot class.

Going over the speed limit is an automatic DQ. I assume they had a huge sign at the end of the track with instant speed limit and distance posted, the driver can see this and should know when to slow up a bit or not.

No signs at the end of the track, just a guessing game for drivers. A sign at end would make it too easy.

Our local antique guys get 3 horns before they are out, not a DQ on first horn.

In Illinois they have a huge sign for the guys to watch, very rarely do they go over, but most get within .2 or so if not exactly on the MPH limit.

So speed limits in sled pulls is basically bracket racing with a sled? Da faq? You are telling me someone preps and travels hours and miles then gets an automatic DQ for doing 17.1 mph? Someone has been sniffin' too many fumes. Seems like it would be hard to tune and setup a truck to run just under a specified limit when every truck will be different...even the same track will change during the day....sounds pretty stupid to me, a person outside looking in. $.02

So speed limits in sled pulls is basically bracket racing with a sled? Da faq? You are telling me someone preps and travels hours and miles then gets an automatic DQ for doing 17.1 mph? Someone has been sniffin' too many fumes. Seems like it would be hard to tune and setup a truck to run just under a specified limit when every truck will be different...even the same track will change during the day....sounds pretty stupid to me, a person outside looking in. $.02
I agree, the point of sled pulling is to see how far you can drag it, not how far you can drag it under a certain speeds. Maybe it would make for more strategy, but I would think you would see a lot of DQ's and guys who play it safe are the winners... which honestly to me sounds boring for fans and for drivers...

It's not fun to watch. It's not really meant to be a competitive class. The speed limit was put in so that more powerful trucks are naturally weeded out. To give the guys with near stock trucks a place to pull.

Sounds to me like the pussification of sled pulling just like the rest of Murica. You don't have to give an all out effort to win, you just have to participate half-assed like and go home with a medal for showing up cause everybody else gave it their all and got DQ'd.

Sounds to me like the pussification of sled pulling just like the rest of Murica. You don't have to give an all out effort to win, you just have to participate half-assed like and go home with a medal for showing up cause everybody else gave it their all and got DQ'd.

:clap:

Everyone has their own opinions. It's not about handing out "participation ribbons" but trying to grow the sport. A person can enter their daily driver in that class and have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the tractor world it creates a much lower budget class where tires, balance and driver are the big factors.

:thankyou2:

Yep! Just like the school program "No kid left behind", 97% of American kids are held back from learning, because a couple of kids in there class are retards!!!

You guys haven't been paying much attention to the for sale ads have you?

Everyone has their own opinions. It's not about handing out "participation ribbons" but trying to grow the sport. A person can enter their daily driver in that class and have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can you grow a sport if you DQ guys for going one tenth over the speed limit? No warning, no second tries, no 3 horns just blam, done. That's what I'm calling bull**** on. Look at the guy that started this thread, he went and drank beer instead of pulling because he thought he'd go over the speed limit. Sounds like the class is gonna grow at an amazing rate. You go have fun blowing entry fees only to get DQ'd and having nothing to show at the end of the night while I'll get drunk. At least I accomplished something

How can you grow a sport if you DQ guys for going one tenth over the speed limit? No warning, no second tries, no 3 horns just blam, done. That's what I'm calling bull**** on. Look at the guy that started this thread, he went and drank beer instead of pulling because he thought he'd go over the speed limit. Sounds like the class is gonna grow at an amazing rate. You go have fun blowing entry fees only to get DQ'd and having nothing to show at the end of the night while I'll get drunk. At least I accomplished something

How far out of bounds are you allowed to go before you get dq'd?

How far over spec is your turbo allowed to be?

Last edited:
Back