Speed limit street diesel class

How can you grow a sport if you DQ guys for going one tenth over the speed limit? No warning, no second tries, no 3 horns just blam, done. That's what I'm calling bull**** on. Look at the guy that started this thread, he went and drank beer instead of pulling because he thought he'd go over the speed limit. Sounds like the class is gonna grow at an amazing rate. You go have fun blowing entry fees only to get DQ'd and having nothing to show at the end of the night while I'll get drunk. At least I accomplished something

Yea we're all in the sport because we wanna make money....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How far out of bounds are you allowed to go before you get dq'd?

How far over spec is your turbo allowed to be?

exactly.... rules are rules, just happens to be different rules for a different class. it is a true beginner/entry level class..PERIOD!!

Over speed gets a horn, first one is a warning second time is DQ.

How far out of bounds are you allowed to go before you get dq'd?

How far over spec is your turbo allowed to be?

Usually something breaks when that happens not to mention you can see the line and tell if your getting close. How the eff are you supposed to tell how fast your going when they measure ground speed and your speedometer measures wheel speed?

Yea we're all in the sport because we wanna make money....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think he was saying we are in it to make money.....more that if you go over the limit, all chances are gone for anything. Any prize money or trophy is out of the question. Better off to burn 25 bucks with a lighter.

Usually something breaks when that happens not to mention you can see the line and tell if your getting close. How the eff are you supposed to tell how fast your going when they measure ground speed and your speedometer measures wheel speed?

The same way the tractor guys do it. You figure your junk out, guess the best you can, and accept getting dq'd when you push it too far and fukk up.

Do they give warnings for red-lighting at the strip? I've heard many of the same comments above about bracket racing but there are lots of folks here doing it.

Just my $.02

Often times you can buy back in the first round of eliminations. But you also have multiple chances in qualifying to get your **** dialed in before eliminations start. So again you have multiple chances on a given day to win without getting DQ'd.

I don't see how some of you guys are comparing this to antique tractors. There's a big difference trying to slow or speed up 40k lbs at 17 mph then 3mph.

I don't see how some of you guys are comparing this to antique tractors. There's a big difference trying to slow or speed up 40k lbs at 17 mph then 3mph.

Nobody's comparing it to antique 3mph tractors. This spring I regeared a tractor rear end from Virginia to give him 4 gear choices for a 17mph class. 12-15mph is pretty common. Hell I've seen classes that run 12-15 mph up to 200ft then it's open from there.

You tickle by wire guys are could have a big advantage with gps or radar controlling your rpm to keep the speed where you want it. It could be done mechanically, but would be a bit of a contraption.

And that totally blows the "entry level class" idea out of the water. Who wants to put ground speed radar on their stick grocery getter?

The same guys that will happily put traction bars, driveshaft loops, good hitches, weightracks, ect on if they plan on being regular competitors in the class.

Pretty sure they had apps on there phones that some used for mph. Dont think that blows "entry level class" out of the water.

Sounds to me like the pussification of sled pulling just like the rest of Murica. You don't have to give an all out effort to win, you just have to participate half-assed like and go home with a medal for showing up cause everybody else gave it their all and got DQ'd.

:thankyou2:

Yep! Just like the school program "No kid left behind", 97% of American kids are held back from learning, because a couple of kids in there class are retards!!!

I've thought about this, and I agree. Fukk it. Lets just make one pulling class. Alcohol 4 charger super tractors, super semi's, Pro stocks, SS trucks, workstock, 2,5, 2.6, 3.0, ect all in one. If you can't keep up, grow some nuts, spend money, or get out. Might as well pitch weight limits too.

The point is, the "pussification of America" is coming about due to your way of thinking, stuff everyone in the same class, then that class ends up getting dumbed down for the slow kids. Where I went to school there was several different levels for different abilities, and you were placed where you belong. The difference is that you have somewhat of a choice in pulling, though limited by funds, time available, and skills.

Back