SQHR 10 lug to 8 lug???

Fireman450

Daring to be diffrent!!
How are yall converting the rockwell axles to accept standard 8 lug wheels?
Pics will be REALLY helpful. Or if there is a easyer way to still utilize my 16 inch duals let me know.

Thanks
Lynn

Nobody makes a conversion from the SQHD to 8 lug that is direct. You must cut the spindles off a 106 and weld them on the sqhd and then have custom set of axles made to mate the sqhd spider gear to the 106 hub, axles are $1300, spool $1800, and then what ever it cost to get the 106 to get the spindles then $900 for the 8 lug hubs. Not to mention the SQHD is 200lbs heavier then the 106.

Last edited:
Nobody makes a conversion from for the SQHD to 8 lug that is direct. You must cut the spindles off a 106 and weld them on the sqhd and then have custom set of axles made to mate the sqhd spider gear to the 106 hub, axles are $1300, spool $1800, and then what ever it cost to get the 106 to get the hubs and spindles

Does this mean I can get your rear tires too Lynn? LOL

Sorry bud had too ;)

Even if you with a 106 and the 8 lug hubs you still need new axles to mate the hubs to the 106

Nobody makes a conversion from the SQHD to 8 lug that is direct. You must cut the spindles off a 106 and weld them on the sqhd and then have custom set of axles made to mate the sqhd spider gear to the 106 hub, axles are $1300, spool $1800, and then what ever it cost to get the 106 to get the spindles then $900 for the 8 lug hubs. Not to mention the SQHD is 200lbs heavier then the 106.

Chit Jeremy .. My billfold just ran in the other room and hid.. lol
I have pondered using a 106 under my truck but have had several people tell me they didnt think it would hold.

Might just be cheaper to buy some wheel blanks and go that route.... idk.

Lynn

Chit Jeremy .. My billfold just ran in the other room and hid.. lol
I have pondered using a 106 under my truck but have had several people tell me they didnt think it would hold.

Might just be cheaper to buy some wheel blanks and go that route.... idk.

Lynn

Thats what i said when i priced it for my truck. If you can find one and it may be a hard find but a H172 is pretty much the same as the SQHD but is already 6 lug like the 106's thats the route i went and then get the blanks or isuzu box truck wheels

We have always just ran wheels with the sqhd centers welded in them. If your lucky and get a set of aluminum hubs on the sqhd you find it saves allot of weight and you can turn them down smaller to make the wheels fit better.

The 106 takes allot of work to make hold. The H172 is a nice rear but there are some mod trucks breaking them. The sqhd is what almost everybody is going to and haven't herd of any breakage with them yet.

Thats right I remeber the hassel with doing the 8 lug on the SQHD. The 6 lug hubs are pretty easy and it is not too hard to find wheels for them. Another option is give Stockton Wheel a call. They can make about anything you want and their price is not too bad either.

http://www.stocktonwheel.com/

Thats what I have is stock modded wheels but these are 15x12 singles , duals mayb a little different

not when u weld the centers to were its like 10 to 12 " of BS depending on wheel width but some do cut them down, the guy I got mine off of cut his 6" on each side there tucked way under, I have a dually bed so doesnt matter to much to me

You could also call up Real Racing or Mid West wheel and have them put a set of rims together with the 10-bolt patern. There are a few trucks running up here with the 10-bolt patern in a 15" rim turning 34x18x15"cepek's. That would definatly be your cheapest bed....its a 2wd right??? you are going to want to run an open diff in the rear anyway right? may as well start off as strong as you can go right off the bad!

Ryan

Not exactly. I wouldn't really trust an open diff on a 2wd even when trying to do individual braking. If the front end is up in the air and you tap one brake to steer it, who's to say that the axles will lock back up imediatly after you let off the brake? Just a split second delay may cause the truck to do a hard turnb out of bounds. Now if he were allowed to run a planetary hub style rearend, then that would be perfect, but more than likely the class he will be running will not allow it.

Every single 2wd truck running up here (and one of them won bowling green 2 years ago) runs an open diff as well as all the mini-rods. All have individual brakes on each side and you could never steet by using the brakes with even a posi.

what rear end are you running Dale? and are you still planning on comming to Schieds with it??? if you are I will stop by and say hello!

Back