SQHR 10 lug to 8 lug???

sofore still planning on comming on saturday motor is getting put together tommorow morning i'll pick it up at MCS.tomorrow night and work all night and friday to make it sat,looking forward to meet you.I just picked the block up at the macheneshop at 3:30.
We have a SQHR with planit,
I know that the guy's around here are cutting the outer spindles off and making a bearing setup like a ford 9inch using eight hole axles out of larger rearend that way you can make it any width.I will show you one like it on a 106 at shceids just remind me when you see me.It is easy IMO.

Dale

I know that the guy's around here are cutting the outer spindles off and making a bearing setup like a ford 9inch using eight hole axles out of larger rearend that way you can make it any width.I will show you one like it on a 106 at shceids just remind me when you see me.It is easy IMO.

Dale

Hopefully you get it all back together!!!!!! Can't wait!

Yeah, I have seen similar setups. We where actually going to do a semi-floater F106 just like you described and I actually talked to Tod at TRB and he is doing quite a few mod trucks rears with SQHD's and some other rear end even bigger than that. Saves a ton of weight over running hubs and is pretty slick!!!

The TRB stuff is nice but its a little expensive i thought. Here is a pic with the axles like a 9 inch ford.

IMAG002.JPG

The TRB stuff is nice but its a little expensive i thought. Here is a pic with the axles like a 9 inch ford.

IMAG002.JPG

Yeah, no kidding about them being pricey!!!!!! Nice thing about them is how he does the axle bearings and they require no C-clips and because there is no actual spindle...the axle shafts could almost be any diameter!!!

sofore still planning on comming on saturday motor is getting put together tommorow morning i'll pick it up at MCS.tomorrow night and work all night and friday to make it sat,looking forward to meet you.I just picked the block up at the macheneshop at 3:30.
We have a SQHR with planit,

Dale

Pictures Dale... Pictures...Please... :Cheer: :thankyou2:

Im praying for a great run for ya buddy.

Go get em. Wish i could have got to go.

Lynn

The bearings axle and bearing holders to weld to the rearend where around 3500 when I called last year. Went with a sheet metal rear for just a little more.

The bearings axle and bearing holders to weld to the rearend where around 3500 when I called last year. Went with a sheet metal rear for just a little more.

Makes me want to invest in a laithe and a mill..... yikes...

Lynn

that 3500 can go along way on an engine tho compared to around 100 to 300 on steel wheels or they could b free if u know the wright ones :) BTW Tad u find the other wheel LOL
;)

Back