square tubing inserts

Contac Ballistic and see what they say.They build on off parts all the time.

Any local machine shop could wip them out for you. Might want to see if anyone else wants some though to held break down the cost.

Ted

Ballistic told me 25 minimum order. I would buy the 5 if 5 other folks step up and buy the other 20.

1.125 x 7 is the thread pitch of a 3rd point top link.

The issue I have is where I am located machine shops are hard to come by.

i could talk to some guys tomorrow that have done some machining for me there in Neosho Dan. I can see what they would charge to make something like that for you. I know they have been reasonable on pricing and there would be no minimum order. Let me know the exact dimensions of what it needs to be so i can get an accurate price

i could talk to some guys tomorrow that have done some machining for me there in Neosho Dan. I can see what they would charge to make something like that for you. I know they have been reasonable on pricing and there would be no minimum order. Let me know the exact dimensions of what it needs to be so i can get an accurate price

Thanks the dimensions are on the web page, basically an insert that fits inside 2"x2" x.25" wall box tubing. I would need 2 that are RH thread 1.125 x7 and 2 that are LH thread that are 1.125 x7. Basically could be made out of 2x2 solid.

Just get some square solid stock with the outside dimensions you need and drill and tap it.

Just get some square solid stock with the outside dimensions you need and drill and tap it.

I don't have a 1.125 x 7 LH or RH tap. I may come down to that, but I figure it would be nice to have a flange so the weld isn't carrying all of the load.

Thanks the dimensions are on the web page, basically an insert that fits inside 2"x2" x.25" wall box tubing. I would need 2 that are RH thread 1.125 x7 and 2 that are LH thread that are 1.125 x7. Basically could be made out of 2x2 solid.

ok i will call them tomorrow and see what he would make 4 or 5 of them for. Basically you just drop that machined piece down into some square tube and weld it on then?

ok i will call them tomorrow and see what he would make 4 or 5 of them for. Basically you just drop that machined piece down into some square tube and weld it on then?

Just need 4 thanks!

Their ends are great, I have them on my bars, very high quality. I bet those taps, especially the LH will be very expensive. I would think they would consider selling them on their site if you let them know what the thread fits and how popular they are on t-bars.

I might, but the existing ends are in great shape, all of the mounts are already there etc.

I sent you a PM but if you cant find any one to make them I could make them for you. The taps aren't cheap 45 and 77 but stil very doable.

Mike

Back