starting a build need help all info welcome

so_slow12v

Banned
picture.php

ok im starting to build.. in the end i want a quick spooling twin set up atleast 700hp truck i plan on jumping the truck so i want a fast spool and i plan on putting a 200 shot on top of it lol just for ****s and giggles truck is a dd and play truck will never pull anything and only weights 5100 lbs as of now will be making 4wd with 3.54 front and rea, locker on rear and electric locker in front eventually..and all 4 linked!!!
im not scared of smoke more the better it looks awesome. my injection pump has been benched and camed but i dont know the cc's... please help with this build!!!!!!!!!!!

200 gph air dog 2 pump
dual feed line for p pump
full cut dvs
.093 lines
idk what injectors what do yall suggest??? i want power!!!
5000 governor springs
150# valve springs- can i run these on stock valves and retainers????
steed speed manifold
7in hood stack

and :nos: eventually

TURBOS im lost was thinking some kinda s300/s400 but i have no clue i want the fastest spool possible and 700hp

sorry if i jump around or if this is just complete junk just putting together all the different stuff i have read. this is my first build. but like i said im not scared of smoke and it will never pull anything i want power and i want it to spool fast even if i have to be less then 700 hp i want super fast spool truck is really light for a 2500 12v???? i will take all the info i can get thanks!?!?!?!

this truck is getting a full suspension front and rear building a trophy truck pretty much will have baja fender and quarter panels plan on cutting the back of the frame off and all inside of the bed but the body skins and having tube chassis so i can have the wheel travel i want..

Let me give you a hint lose the ideal of smoking alot and the guys around here will help you out. People that are out for alot of smoke give the diesel community a bad image. I'm sure you have seen videos of people blowing smoke at people on the street. We try to clean up that image and build and tune our trucks to perform but not smoke out the entire street.

You got it. Its extremely frowned upon in this community.

sorry about that its a toy and i watch pull trucks and drag trucks with 13mm pumps dump smoke like no other and they dont get any **** from anyone so what is the difference in my toy..... and not a rocket just building a truck to jump its gonna be like my version of a dirt bike sorry to all the closed minded people that can only build the same truck that 10000000 other people have built

Let me give you a hint lose the ideal of smoking alot and the guys around here will help you out. People that are out for alot of smoke give the diesel community a bad image. I'm sure you have seen videos of people blowing smoke at people on the street. We try to clean up that image and build and tune our trucks to perform but not smoke out the entire street.

like i said this is a toy/dd i have had diesels and i can black smoke now im just saying im not scared to have my truck smoke and waist my money in fuel cause i want the power and i have never seen a 700hp diesel that doesnt smoke they all do sorry if i offend yall.. i just said im not scared of it cause most people are like i want hp but i dont want smoke..well all want is hp!!!!!!

sorry about that its a toy and i watch pull trucks and drag trucks with 13mm pumps dump smoke like no other and they dont get any **** from anyone so what is the difference in my toy..... and not a rocket just building a truck to jump its gonna be like my version of a dirt bike sorry to all the closed minded people that can only build the same truck that 10000000 other people have built

If you look at alot of the drag racing guys they have cleaned up smoke tramendously. Some sled pullers have been moving that was as well. I know that some pullers use the extra fuel cause it helps keep the cylinders cooler. But they are finding other ways to cool the cylinders.

like i said this is a toy/dd i have had diesels and i can black smoke now im just saying im not scared to have my truck smoke and waist my money in fuel cause i want the power and i have never seen a 700hp diesel that doesnt smoke they all do sorry if i offend yall.. i just said im not scared of it cause most people are like i want hp but i dont want smoke..well all want is hp!!!!!!

You'll learn real quick.

If you look at alot of the drag racing guys they have cleaned up smoke tramendously. Some sled pullers have been moving that was as well. I know that some pullers use the extra fuel cause it helps keep the cylinders cooler. But they are finding other ways to cool the cylinders.

and like i said im not asking to make the truck smoke i can do that on my own with just the full cut dvs and my lock out switch, im just saying idc if it does so i can make the power is all. this is not my first cummins just the first one i have ever built for power

You'll learn real quick.

trial and error i can spend days reading everyone threads and put my own build together eventually but i was trying to save time and money by making my own thread and i will learn weather by someone not being a dick and giving good advise or me buying and dynoing different stuff tell i build what i want lol

like i said this is a toy/dd i have had diesels and i can smoke black pole ........ i want the power....... sorry if i offend yall.. i just said im not scared of it cause most people are like i want to smoke pole..!!!!!!

Couldn't resist.... :lolly:

Last edited:
I've seen plenty of 700 HP diesels NOT smoke at all. 12v's making high HP and low smoke is a little more rare than low smoke high HP CR's due to less tuning options but its 100% possible.

I've seen plenty of 700 HP diesels NOT smoke at all. 12v's making high HP and low smoke is a little more rare than low smoke high HP CR's due to less tuning options but its 100% possible.

im just going off what i have read and seen i said i am new to this and i have never built one before but all the builds i see smoke and build power i dont even know what cr's are and if i can get 700hp with no smoke thats cool but i havent found any trucks that do it

Back