Stock Pulling Class

Yea I gota buddy with a 1200 hp lmm and it's been on the same air dog 165 for 4 years now so u might wana get ur facts straight

What is said fuel pressure at 4,000+ rpm full throttle? The problem that seems to bother me is that my 150 FASS has a lot bigger draw straw and filters, but could not keep up on my puller. It used to be fine on the dyno, but down the track the pressure dropped to single digits. And that was before I bumped to 5400 rpm. Right now both my cp3's and injectors are in the shop due to low (no) fuel pressure and 5,400 rpm.

Yup I read it too... Made me feel great about purchasing and using one on the pull truck. Did he edit that post after the fact because that wasn't the right way to word that statement at all LOL

All you need to do is dig up flow vs efficiency ratings for the filters used on two major fuel systems, everything will become crystal clear.

All you need to do is dig up flow vs efficiency ratings for the filters used on two major fuel systems, everything will become crystal clear.

Filter flow is key! If you have a pump that flows 500gph but pair a filter that flows only 150gph then your limited...

Filter flow is key! If you have a pump that flows 500gph but pair a filter that flows only 150gph then your limited...

Valid points, but it seems that there are an infinite amount of filter choices out there for the AD/FASS bases.

Also, it may not be "recommended" but they work fine. Same goes for Aeromotive, who didn't even recommend that their pumps be used in diesel applications, period, up until VERY recently. They work just as well as they always have in diesel apps.

All that nerd-science/book-learnin' aside, they are very simple to understand, even for a guy like me. The only real number that matters to me is inlet pressure at the injection pump. If it holds steady at idle and doesn't drop significantly at WOT, the lift pump/filter setup is fine for the application. You can bet Ashley kept a close eye on inlet pressure on his race truck (in the video), also. I promise you he wouldn't run a pump that couldn't keep up with his truck, or was hindering his fuel delivery in any way.

Les at Silverbullet is one of the best, hands down. My ATP tune runes good as well.

Only option other than EFILive IMO is a standalone like the Zeus

I think you guys are overlooking the fact that this is for a daily driven stock class truck, not a dual pumped dedicated puller. An AD165 will be plenty sufficient.

Back