stupid cold, and bad winter blend = gellin.

We use Power service works good when the drivers put it in. Had to limp a truck into the shop on Power once this year driver filled up in Georgia and didn't put in any Power Service or fuel up when he got back to Michigan nothing like trying to start a truck full of pudding.

getting ready to head for home last night, started the truck to get ready to head for home, it was plugged in, but wanted to get the heat going. walked away and heard it, burble, then quit. yup,truck gelled the fuel 3 hrs of messing with it, 3 bottles of diesel 911 with 2 1/2 bottle in the tank, one in the fass filter, no luck. I gave up. Sent my friends home, and I stayed over to battle truck and cold in the am light of a warming day instead of dark and growing colder. Ended up draining fuel, 2 gallons at a time, heating on stove, then returning to tank. Wrapped fuel filter with 6 feet of heat trace, another 6 feet around water separator. 84 watts of heat combined. wrapped both with insulation, secured with zip ties and duct tape. Plugged heat trace in to inverter and let it run, 15 minutes without a burble, so rolled the dice and headed for home. Made it, but I am shot. worried I would have needed a tow, 220 miles would have been EXPENSIVE !

hear from a friend that a LOT of gelling this year due to a chitty winter blend, sux.

New Jersey Sucks. I have noticed most people that came into my shop Monday and Tues gelled up got there fuel from the same place who is usually 5-10 cents cheaper.

I don't know what blend we run but anything under 30 degrees I'm treating the fuel.

I get my fuel from Hess and had half a bottle of Howes in it an didn't have any issues.

I wish we could start a state by state list of stations where folks got fuel, and gelled.
the fuel I got I bought only two days before from speedway gas, 1201 springfield ave, union NJ

I wish we could start a state by state list of stations where folks got fuel, and gelled.
the fuel I got I bought only two days before from speedway gas, 1201 springfield ave, union NJ

Not a fan of Canadia, but at least they have the sense to dictate fuel on a federal level. All fuel gets change over at the same time. None of this individual state or even individual station BS.

wideopen, that looks to be a product to try, what rate do you use it at? quart bottle per tank? I'm sure you have had some friggin cold temps of late, so if you have had luck, I hope I would. Problem seems to stem from B20 being used this year.

Its been getting down to 0 here for the past couple weeks on occasion, nothing above 20 or so in the day. Haven't gelled yet, I don't run any additives

Its been getting down to 0 here for the past couple weeks on occasion, nothing above 20 or so in the day. Haven't gelled yet, I don't run any additives

Not cold enough to cause an issue, but close. -10 you better be looking to supplement your fuel. If you ever have to thaw a gelled fuel system you will start treating around zero.

Last edited:
hm, 10 here now, already -1 where the problem happened in NY Sunday night, going to be friggin cold........

-6 all day here. a tranny lined decided to slip off at the cooler on the way to work leaving me with a fun repair. extra cold weather = thicker fluid=higjer pressures in the lines? or was it just coincidence? this cold is really starting to piss me off.

I'm tired of anything below 25, I need a heater core and I am tired of freazing to fix things.

-3 below when I went to work at 5:30, No problems. Just hope she wants to start when I get out at 4! high of 14 and only half of my glowplugs should be fun

Seems like your country is worse than Russia when talking about fuel quality.

no, the fuel is fine, then they start fixing something that isn't broke. Then fix it some more till it is good and f'ed up.

even withthe fuel issues, I am not ready to be done with winter, I like this one more than many past, as I now own a snowmobile! power to weight is a blast on these things ! even if my sled only made 100 hp, my truck would have to have 2800 just to compare.... think my sled was rated at 143 stock hp.

All my friends like snow dozers. Since I've had my license, I've always plowed snow in the winter, thus I couldn't partake in fun activities. They are stupid fast though. Like 0-100mph right now fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back