stupid cold, and bad winter blend = gellin.

no, the fuel is fine, then they start fixing something that isn't broke. Then fix it some more till it is good and f'ed up.

Here oilcompanies are required to offer fuel that suits the climate, if they dont, they pay you everything needed to fix the trouble they caused.

I don't even treat the fuel in my semi. If it's below 10* I never shut it off unless I'm at home. It literally is cheaper to high idle the truck than to eff around un-gelling it. When I'm at home tho I put one and half of the 250 gal white power service bottles in each 150 gal tank and it hadn't gelled yet. It's thought about it but I told it to behave and it came around.

Not a fan of Canadia, but at least they have the sense to dictate fuel on a federal level. All fuel gets change over at the same time. None of this individual state or even individual station BS.

LOL and what's wrong with Canada??? Phucker!

I suppose that's a "perk" of living in the north is you just don't need to worry about the fuel gelling up. Even got caught with a couple machines with full summer blend in them when it was -30 and they didn't gel up.

Don't use any additives ever.

LOL and what's wrong with Canada??? Phucker!

I suppose that's a "perk" of living in the north is you just don't need to worry about the fuel gelling up. Even got caught with a couple machines with full summer blend in them when it was -30 and they didn't gel up.

Don't use any additives ever.

:doh: Got caught calling out Canadia. :hehe: I probably shouldn't generalize the entire country until I meet every single person ahey?

Used to work for a company based out of Ottawa. Was a royal pain getting those guys to ever work with a sense of urgency. Then there was my last trip up there when customs tried shaking me down to pay $250 to enter because they thought the work I was doing could be done by a Canadian. It was like midnight. Told the agent if he could get a Canadian to do the work I could stay in my own country instead of making this gawd awful trip. He wouldn't budge, so I got right back on the plane and went home.

I just use winter quality fuel.

So does everyone else. The problem here in the states is that the fuel is winterized for a given area, but when temps are 30-40 degrees below normal it turns to schit. Up in Canada where it is always that cold, it is winterized to a much lower temp.

You mean it's not just U.S border control agents are kunts? We came in through NY one time and my wife's Russian. Well this little kunt with a God complex just grilled her because she couldn't understand what he was saying at about 3 times normal speech speed. That's the closest I've been to making national news.
Sure don't classify the U.S off of that prick.

You mean it's not just U.S border control agents are kunts? We came in through NY one time and my wife's Russian. Well this little kunt with a God complex just grilled her because she couldn't understand what he was saying at about 3 times normal speech speed. That's the closest I've been to making national news.
Sure don't classify the U.S off of that prick.

I hear ya. Don't know how many times I had been up there previously without a single issue. I do admit everybody up there was very nice.

Carry on with the cold weather bashing. Currently have about 8" on the ground from yesterday, & last night. No big deal though.

We hit 35+ yesterday and now today we are at 3° barely. Stopped and helped a guy swap filters this morning, he said he was from down south.. said the southern fuel doesn't like my area. Lol

part of the problem is that once the fuel gets cold in the suppliers tanks the wax crystals have already formed. 99% of the fuel additives out there are only designed to PREVENT wax from forming. They do NOTHING to break it up. Diesel 911 and 1 product from FPPF are the only ones I know of that claim wax breaking capability. Since your truck has relatively warm fuel in the tank and lines when you stop to fill up it usually can gimp along and naturally warm up the new fuel above the cloud point. however if the truck is parked before the fuel warms up enough to break up the wax, it's just sitting there waiting to cause issues the next time you start it. Steam or really hot water from a pressure washer on the filter housings usually will break up the wax enough to get it going, especially if it's not frozen solid. I have also heated the filters with what you americans call a weed burner (proper name Tiger Torch). You don't want to even get close to scorching paint just warm enough to get it well above 32F.

Back