Super Stock truck build.

Little by little. Should be working on it in the shop quite a bit this week, finally caught up with out of town work for a bit.

1B776A48-4AC2-4009-AF3A-B26A32064F28-15761-00001E627DF8D581-1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Chris, this truck is fine art , I cant imagine how it will run :rockwoot:

Just remarkable! You've got to be getting excited to run it!! NFMS in Lville?!?!

I was wondering how you were gonna keep crap out of the turbos..... That should do the trick!

I just cruised throw all 14 pages of your build
CRAZY man !!! Great job

Oh ya !!! Thanks for the link here from Facebook.
Keep up the great work Chris

I command you to finish and make it out to the Courthouse Pull right meow.

screw it, keep it together the way it is and make a pass in it this year... call it under construction, then strip it apart this winter and paint everything

wow i just read this whole thread front to back and im at a loss for words to describe what i just saw i hope you post tons of videos of this thing in action

Had anymore time to work on it? Has the engine been started yet to see if it will run?

Can't wait to see this thing spool up. Probably the coolest project I have seen yet!

Ive been looking into a turbo merge collector like on your headers but a 6 into 1. Ive never had one in my hands but is there room to weld all the way around each of the pipes goin into the collector. Any advice on pipe size and the size of pipe they should collect into. This would be on a 5.9 cummins with a turbo mounted infront of the engine.

Ive been looking into a turbo merge collector like on your headers but a 6 into 1. Ive never had one in my hands but is there room to weld all the way around each of the pipes goin into the collector. Any advice on pipe size and the size of pipe they should collect into. This would be on a 5.9 cummins with a turbo mounted infront of the engine.

I got the collectors from Burns Stainless but there are a few other places out there that do good work.
I would recommend instead of a 6-1, to build a 6-2-1 setup.
You can order your collectors in different angles and separation. We have a micro torch for our tig for tight areas. It's a tight squeeze but you should be able to get 99% of it. We braise the inside of ours to ensure a perfect seal. I would recomend hat if you use any v band assemblies on high pressure exhaust, that you make/buy a stepped seal flange.
Primary tubes should be sized to not lose velocity. I used a 1.75 heavy wall 316 stainless for ours to a 2.5" collector outlet to a t6 flange.
On a 3.0 charger I would keep the mid pipes a little smaller.

Back