Switchable tunning is now in beta.

I didnt think it was going to be hardwired because of not have a place to wire it into the ECM? It is going to be more expensive to hardwire CSP than it is for Dmax I would imagine

Couple of bugs need to be re-tested before release.

Edge haven't contacted us to ask for integration details at this point, however a number of other providers have.

Cheers
Cindy

Dammit, Edge needs to get on the ball, I really don't want to have to switch up my electronic monitoring again!

From what I understand the Autocal platform or V2 platform will need to be plugged in the OBD port at all times for the CSP-5 so I would thinl the other formats of the CSP-5 switching would have to be connected to the OBD port. Now I believe I also read that there is a 6th position by wiring a toggle switch to a pin on the ecm to ground. Hopefully Cindy will verify this for us.

Email edge so they can see how much interest is in it, they will get a lot of business from the integration of efi live, smarty is a thing of the past

Bad wording on my behalf. The CSP5 switch connects to the vehicle's OBDII port, but is mounted inside the vehicle cab. It cannot be hard wired into the ECM like DSP.

Given switching is CAN based, it's quite a complex design when compared to the 'simple' relay based DSP switch. The pricing of the CSP switch will reflect the difference in complexity but retain the compact size.

The 6th position tune is automatically selected when a spare pin on the ECM is grounded. As an example, if a customer wanted to engage a specific tune for Nitrous, they would wire the ECM pin to the nitrous system, when the nitrous is turned on the ECM automatically switches to this tune.

We have also added a controllable output on the ECM that can be turned on once a series of user defined conditions have been met, this could be useful for a warning lamp, or disabling nitrous unless certain conditions are met, such as minimum RPM's, throttle position.

Cheers
Cindy

Bad wording on my behalf. The CSP5 switch connects to the vehicle's OBDII port, but is mounted inside the vehicle cab. It cannot be hard wired into the ECM like DSP.

Given switching is CAN based, it's quite a complex design when compared to the 'simple' relay based DSP switch. The pricing of the CSP switch will reflect the difference in complexity but retain the compact size.

The 6th position tune is automatically selected when a spare pin on the ECM is grounded. As an example, if a customer wanted to engage a specific tune for Nitrous, they would wire the ECM pin to the nitrous system, when the nitrous is turned on the ECM automatically switches to this tune.

We have also added a controllable output on the ECM that can be turned on once a series of user defined conditions have been met, this could be useful for a warning lamp, or disabling nitrous unless certain conditions are met, such as minimum RPM's, throttle position.

Cheers
Cindy

Thank you for confirming that Cindy. I have seen Socal's OBD CSP switch and kind of figured that is what you were talking about but didnt know if there was going to be a hardwire switch also. Is Socal getting the bugs worked out of that OBD CSP switch yet? Until this is all figured out and APP companies get in on this, all the CSP options will be through the handhelds for now until those options arise for wireless switching or the OBD switch is from what I understand.

Last edited:
Gneal: Contact Mark at Edge he should be able to give you some information about their plans to add this feature to the Insight CS/CTS devices.

Just received a response a few minutes ago, looks like the EDGE users are in luck.

"Thank you for emailing us about EFILives switchable tuning feature. This is a very exciting tuning option for those Cummins owners. We have done something similar before on the GM trucks and will likely make this feature available shortly after EFI live makes this tuning feature available. I want to apologize for not responding sooner. I had sent your email to our management team so that they knew that this was a feature customers are requesting.

Best regards, "

Thank you for confirming that Cindy. I have seen Socal's OBD CSP switch and kind of figured that is what you were talking about but didnt know if there was going to be a hardwire switch also. Is Socal getting the bugs worked out of that OBD CSP switch yet? Until this is all figured out and APP companies get in on this, all the CSP options will be through the handhelds for now until those options arise for wireless switching or the OBD switch is from what I understand.

I'm not aware of any bugs, can you please elaborate?

A selection of switches, app's and incab monitor solutions will all be available at the time of our public release. Of course customers can chose just to use their existing EFILive FlashScan or AutoCal hardware once the operating system upgrade is done.

Cheers
Cindy

I just heard that when the OBD CSP switch was released at SEMA, that it was not working properly and needed to still be gone through to figure some things out to get it right. They may have got it figured out now if you have heard different.

Our January newsletter featuring a range of our switching solutions is now available.

More solutions will be featured over the coming months as we work out integration agreements with other providers.

EFILive January Newsletter

Cheers
Cindy

Things are looking up for CSP. The app will sure be nice but I think the Cummins crowd is going to like the DashDaq just as much as the powerstroke guys. Sounds like you are going to be jammed with developing new hardware and integrating all the software into just V8.

Last edited:
Back