TANK 6.0L Modified Off-road truck finally tested.

405 with 41"tires> both of you....lol

Tanks HP @ the crank>both of you....lol

My math is pretty good too...LOL

it was my turn to post something anyway,..were the only ones here BS'ing

Last edited:
math...maybe....English language ...no

Please pay attention to my wording..." technically I have a bit more (actual) HP than you."

"Technically".. I said I have more HP at the crank,...I never said...to the ground.

"Technically".. If I was to remove the tires, and put stock gears back in...I'd eat him up.....because I have more engine mods.
What about putting stock tires back on? LOL
"Technically"..I will never do any of it,...so he "definitely" wins in a "street race"..

So I guess he isn't good in math either....lol.....oh well....I still love him LOL
See above... LOL

446 > 412

446 > 405

:woohoo:

Hey I can do that math stuff too! :hehe:

I don't care about you, i still have more than tank. :hehe: crank was not measured and at the wheels was so :shake:.

I think i'm gonna order a Fuel X here pretty soon.

I would order it soon,..it helps the injectors, and helps keep a constant fuel pressure,....no more pressure drops at WOT...It'll give you truck a little more KICK..

BTW- I thought you already put money out for one.......lol

Well, I have 35's and stock gears. You have 41's and lowered gears. You ran the dyno loaded for your weight. I ran the dyno loaded for more than what my truck weighs.

Ouch...it sucks to be me sometimes.:bang:hehe:

I've met you in person,..and your comment couldn't be more true.

"Ouch...it sucks to be me sometimes"

I absolutely agree with you,....You should go find a knife, hold it to your arm,...and remember one thing.

DOWN THE RIVER......NOT ACROSS THE STREET.......lolololol

Was that on DJ's Looney tune or something different? If it is Looney, I might have to contact DJ and see what he can do for me.

Where did you dyno it? Looks like TNT.

I was there a week or so ago, what a bunch of idiots. I had to wait 2 hours then when they finally hooked me up, they made 4 or 5 pulls on my truck. Not one of them was even use able. They couldn’t read the RPM’s, the curves were ridiculous the best one looked like this /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ .

do you have an SCT tuner ??
if so, do you have a "dyno lock" file specifically for dyno that will lock the transmission in 5th (direct, 1:1) ?? tranny will stay in 5th, and once the t/c locks you can mash the pedal and start the pull w/out it trying to shift and you can open the injectors up wide open :)

it's just too hard to get an accurate dyno reading w/out it because if you are using your street file you have to way to keep the tranny in 5th w/out trying to either shift up or down on you during the pull, and this will queer the results of the pull...

if you already have that, then i'm not sure...
did they have an optical pickup for the balancer or some other way of getting an RPM signal ? w/out knowing engine RPM they can give you a HP printout but the computer won't be able to calculate your engine torque

HMMM...I thought 4th was 1:1 ratio

TorqShift 3.11, 2.22, 1.55, 1.00, & 0.71:1
6-speed 5.79, 3.30, 2.10, 1.30, 1.00, & 0.72:1

HMMM...I thought 4th was 1:1 ratio

TorqShift 3.11, 2.22, 1.55, 1.00, & 0.71:1
6-speed 5.79, 3.30, 2.10, 1.30, 1.00, & 0.72:1

I met you in person too...you're no better off than me. :eek:wned:

The torqueshift auto has 6 gears. 5th is 1:1. 4th is not used except under very extrenuating circumstances.

you both suck, how bout that!!!!

Tank, shut up! I was just helping the cause for the chapter. :bang

I'll have mine soon enough and maybe some 190's:rockwoot:

Mud- wrong,..you have been regurgitating other peoples bad/misinformed info.

It is 4th that is 1:1 not 5th,...gears pattern is as follows.

1st
2nd
3rd
4th(a)
4th(b)
5th

The TorqShift 5-speed auto 1st to 5th gear ratios are 3.11, 2.22, 1.55, 1.00, & 0.71:1. It also utilizes an alternate 4th gear, overdrive on 2nd gear of the 3 speed automatic component (0.72 x 1.55), that is 1.10:1 that is used under cold start conditions to aid engine and transmission warm up.

Gear Ratio
1st 3.09 to 1
2nd 2.2 to 1
3rd 1.538 to 1
4th 1.096 to 1
5th 1 to 1
6th 0.712 to 1
Reverse 2.88 to 1

4th is ONLY used as a cold temp shift strategy.
Ratio's vary by year. This is 03-04 ratio's but 5th is 1:1 all years.

Those numbers you posted ^^^^ are for 99-04 model superduty's...they changed them for 05 +

1999-04 Torqshift 5-speed 5R110

2005+ TorqShift 5R110W 5-speed automatic overdrive......4th is 1:1

and if people wanted to lock the converter themselves,..all they'd have to do is attach the PTO wires to a switch.....at least I think it would be possible....then the "tuners" could write files,...and the user could flip a switch to decide wether or not to lock the converter...sounds possible....dunno

"The optional TorqShift 5-speed automatic transmission can be equipped with an integrated PTO provision (it automatically locks the torque converter providing power to the PTO gear when the operator turns on the PTO switch)."

Last edited:
The TorqShift 5-speed auto 1st to 5th gear ratios are 3.11, 2.22, 1.55, 1.00, & 0.71:1. It also utilizes an alternate 4th gear, overdrive on 2nd gear of the 3 speed automatic component (0.72 x 1.55), that is 1.10:1 that is used under cold start conditions to aid engine and transmission warm up.

The tranny is a 6 speed. The "alternate" 4th gear is an actual 4th gear while the "standard" 4th gear is actually fifth. Look at the tranny mapping on an SCT. The third shift is labeled as "3-5".

I met you in person too...you're no better off than me. :eek:wned:

The torqueshift auto has 6 gears. 5th is 1:1. 4th is not used except under very extrenuating circumstances.

that is correct. not many people know that the torqshift actually does have six forward gears... it just doesn't use all six on a regular basis.

wow....wikipedia much....I do....lolololol

Alternate means,..2....as in (2) 4th gears...

no matter how you label them or name does not change the fact that there are 6 possible gear ratios that will propel the truck when using the torqshift.
in ascending order, the fifth one is the direct ratio...

Tank, you are supposed to be good at math. Afterall you did figure out that 405 was greater than 412LOL

Count how many gear there are in the auto torqshift...is there 5 or 6 counting all of them??

By your methodology:

(1) 1
(2) 2
(3) 3
(4) 4a
(5) 4b
(6) 5

Not sure why you use 4a and 4b because they are two completely different gears, but irregardless there are 6 gears. :Cheer:

Back