TC or Transmission Issue at End of Run

On my wifes 2.6 truck, she would take off, fast count to 3, and manually lock the converter. By the time she got to 3 seconds, it would be in 2nd and at 4k rpm. We were running 3.55 gears so we could never stay on top of the charger in 3rd. Sure would have liked to put 4.10's or 4.56's in it.

without a lockup switch you might as well leave it in the garage... 2nd and 3rd lockup is the most important part and i would say spool it way harder on the line... wasted 30 ft blowing smoke.. other than that you should see it come alive if you lock it up

without a lockup switch you might as well leave it in the garage... 2nd and 3rd lockup is the most important part and i would say spool it way harder on the line... wasted 30 ft blowing smoke.. other than that you should see it come alive if you lock it up

I do have a lockup switch but it only locks in third, trying to find someone who knows how to modify the VB for second lockup. Took it for spin last night only was building about 25lbs of boost found the boost leak now back up to the normal 60+. Seemed to shift ok, not sure what else to do other than try it again and see what happens?

Not sure who you use for your transmission parts/tuning, but Gilmore Diesel Performance near Columbia MO can put together a good VB for you. He put together our tranny and it lasted two years before the new owner melted it down by pulling in high side.

I have a brand new Goerend converter and tranny and I can't get mine to do a burn out at the end either after I unlock. I have a auto valve body and I let it shift to third. When I unlocked it dug for a bit and then the rpms redlined and the tires quit spinning???

I have a brand new Goerend converter and tranny and I can't get mine to do a burn out at the end either after I unlock. I have a auto valve body and I let it shift to third. When I unlocked it dug for a bit and then the rpms redlined and the tires quit spinning???

I pulled mine again this weekend locked it up in third, unlocked at the end and shifted to 2nd and it spun out. That and fixing the boost leak seemed to fix my problem

What were the sparks?

Never did figure out where they were coming from, but nothing sparked at all this weekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgvLYNxeA18&feature=youtu.be

your going to need lower gears 4.88, with a loose converter at the end of the track will hardly spin if its tight. If its a loose track you will spin out.
Ive ran a 2400 rpm converter in have had this issue at the end of track.

That is the conclusion I have came up with too. Mine is a WS so I lack the power to get a good burn out in 3rd

On my wifes 2.6 truck, she would take off, fast count to 3, and manually lock the converter. By the time she got to 3 seconds, it would be in 2nd and at 4k rpm. We were running 3.55 gears so we could never stay on top of the charger in 3rd. Sure would have liked to put 4.10's or 4.56's in it.

What stall converter were you running?

Not sure, it was pretty high. We just told goerend what we had for a motor setup and the gearing and he sent us one.

i think i need a bigger one it mine its only a 1800 stall and it pushes through the breaks in 4 low when i try to build boost

Ran 2nd gear tonight and truck ran great with good burnout at the end.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDQq3e2orME&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Last edited:
What do you guys think of running 4 high 2nd gear locked with 4.10s?

Doesn't sound like a good idea.

Not sure who you use for your transmission parts/tuning, but Gilmore Diesel Performance near Columbia MO can put together a good VB for you. He put together our tranny and it lasted two years before the new owner melted it down by pulling in high side.

Scott u had a 300 stall over stock matt said. Richard was going to sell me the tq but didnt feel like locking it all the time on the street. My truck stays in second cause with 3.54 gears dont think i could stay on top.

Back