Team Thailand at the NHRDA World Finals

Is this Jared kid the one doing the filming??? Jeebus what a douche-cicle.

very big douche. i was watching him make some videos in the staging lanes on saturday. wow.

If Gucci Mane made a song about it him it would be called "So Douchey"

If Jermaine Dupri named a record label after him it would be called "So So Douche"

Found this on their Facebook page. They made a couple of passes but didn't get into the 7's. Got the mph up to 170 though

1379818_10151910482099516_1420473697_n.jpg

Too bad they didn't show the whole slip, it would be interesting to see the splits.

They said 1200-1250kg, which would be about 2650-2750. There's a lot of tubing on that thing.
How heavy are those larger displacement trucks in same class ? What do regulations say about weight ? More cubics more weight ?

How heavy are those larger displacement trucks in same class ? What do regulations say about weight ? More cubics more weight ?

As I understood it their truck weighed 2700 lbs w/o driver, and he probably weighs about 130-140 lbs.

Dirtymax has weighed as much as 3700 with 165 lb driver (me), but shed some weight later, then added some back with the new intercooler setup. In Topeka a few years ago (about the lightest the truck ever weighed) it was 3268 with me in it but without the interior panels, doors or nose, so probably around 3400 with me in it. Gage probably weighs about the same as me, but Grayden was a wee bit more.

Wade has told me that his truck weighs 2800 with him in it, with the aluminum-block Duramax in it.

IIRC Darren Morrison's truck is around 2800 with him in it.

We discussed the possibility of me running their truck in eliminations, and they were considering it, but then decided to just focus on running more passes and trying for their best-ever ET (since they only get on crappy tracks in Thailand), I can't blame them a bit! They were very nice to deal with, and I had a great time chatting with them. Their team manager spoke English very well, and served as an interpreter. I think they had about 8 guys with them, and each one seemed to have a particular area of focus, and as a result they worked very well together. Their driver is a bit of a ham when you point a camera at him, but he was very serious and attentive as soon as we were discussing the elements of making his licensing passes.

The truck does have an air-shifted Liberty 5-speed, and he shifts using a simple paddle-type shift lever behind the steering wheel. He doesn't do any clutch slipping to build boost, but does experiment with varying levels of clutch slippage on the launch.

I was told by the team that it weighed 2400. they were very nice. and took lots of pictures with us.

They told us 2700lbs also Michael. The team was awesome to have at the event. They always had a huge group of people around their pits at all times. Very friendly and humble and seemed to really enjoy the whole experience.

I'd really like to see them return as it sure added a nice addition.

It weighs 2750, the Pro Stock minimum is 2350 with driver so they are well within the limits.

Monday we made a few passes and got the suspension figured out. The car only ran in the 8.3X range but the 170MPH is more than enough for 7s. That run had a 1.5 60'

Monday they were dealing with a worn out motor (they said their limit is about 12 full power passes per engine) and a warped clutch plate (keeping a small amount of engagement and not allowing complete full engagement)

They are already making the changes necessary to improve the truck and have it back next year for competition!

Thanks for taking a picture with the team Wade.

They are also looking for a few NHRA classes that they might fit in as well. Something indexed probably.

Yes assuming they can get it to 60' better, 170 mph is very close to a 7 second 1/4. IIRC it took us 171 MPH to get 7's

The track manager was talking around 168 for that truck granting they have the 60' dialed in.

I'm not worried about the team. They are incredible in their understanding of their machine. It'll be back and better along with another project or two

Sounds like their clutch was just done. They had good 60's earlier in the weekend.

So minimum weight is the same no matter the engine displacement ? Makes their engine look even better in my eyes.

3 L vs. 6.6 L, hp per cubic is on another level compared to Wades engine.

Back