Terre Haute news doing a story on SDX

Where are the cops?
What? There were about 30 State Patrol cars parked at Verizon Wireless before dark having a meeting...and after that there were police every two feet on US41. There were red and blues flashing all night long EVERYWHERE!!! And hats off to them. And that was just for the Honey Creek mall area roads. There were dozens of foot patrol officers out there in uniform and plain clothes.

As far as Burlington Coat Factory parking lot goes...ANYBODY who pulls into there can't possibly expect to just whip thru there and find a friend, then leave quickly. The bumper to bumper, door to door parking, partying and general rediculousness should have gave some kind of clue as what to expect upon entering. If you pull into Burlington...you gotta WANT to pull into Burlington. Otherwise call, text, email, tweet, facebook, send a carrier piegon, or send a western union telegram in there to communicate to a friend parked there. DO NOT pull in there to find him.

Personally I think its absolutely rediculous what happens at a private business parking lot (Burlington). I bet next year it's blocked off. They sure as heck don't get any business out of it. Anybody in the lot go in to buy a winter coat or some baby clothes?? Many lots were closed off elsewhere. Staples closed at 9:30...came out, blocked off the entrance and exit, and towed everyone left standing or parked. The tow trucks were waiting around back. An employee tipped me off so I left at 9:20. I was just sitting there with one other guy and his wife talking Ford. You can get towed past the barricade and pay, or argue and pay at the impound lot. That's what I was advised. I even went to McDonalds to eat and couldn't find a space in their lot. So I parked in the closest row I could in a virtually empty Gander Mountain lot...something I do everyday. Before I shut my door a Sheriff deputy ran up to me and said move it...lots closed.

I just went home at that point. What else could I do? Go to Burlington or drive endlessly all night.

Last edited:
Something was fishy about it this year. Why were there porta potties and a roll off dumpster in the parking lot all weekend? someone paid for that stuff to be there. Was it the city? Burlington? And from what I saw the cops didnt try to fight it untill 1:30. And then they shut it down fast for no more reason than they had 2 hrs earlier in the night. I am glad there were a lot less burn outs this year. It seemed to be busy but toned down a little which was good.

Porta johns and a roll off?
Uhhhh....construction somewhere maybe?

What? There were about 30 State Patrol cars parked at Verizon Wireless before dark having a meeting...and after that there were police every two feet on US41. There were red and blues flashing all night long EVERYWHERE!!! And hats off to them. And that was just for the Honey Creek mall area roads. There were dozens of foot patrol officers out there in uniform and plain clothes.

As far as Burlington Coat Factory parking lot goes...ANYBODY who pulls into there can't possibly expect to just whip thru there and find a friend, then leave quickly. The bumper to bumper, door to door parking, partying and general rediculousness should have gave some kind of clue as what to expect upon entering. If you pull into Burlington...you gotta WANT to pull into Burlington. Otherwise call, text, email, tweet, facebook, send a carrier piegon, or send a western union telegram in there to communicate to a friend parked there. DO NOT pull in there to find him.

Personally I think its absolutely rediculous what happens at a private business parking lot (Burlington). I bet next year it's blocked off. They sure as heck don't get any business out of it. Anybody in the lot go in to buy a winter coat or some baby clothes?? Many lots were closed off elsewhere. Staples closed at 9:30...came out, blocked off the entrance and exit, and towed everyone left standing or parked. The tow trucks were waiting around back. An employee tipped me off so I left at 9:20. I was just sitting there with one other guy and his wife talking Ford. You can get towed past the barricade and pay, or argue and pay at the impound lot. That's what I was advised. I even went to McDonalds to eat and couldn't find a space in their lot. So I parked in the closest row I could in a virtually empty Gander Mountain lot...something I do everyday. Before I shut my door a Sheriff deputy ran up to me and said move it...lots closed.

I just went home at that point. What else could I do? Go to Burlington or drive endlessly all night.

I totally agree with you, your not goin to wip right through there. But I also didn't know they had the parking lot blocked off. So you had to funnel in one line.

Amd last time I checked Facebook had a update but I don't think you can send house keys in a private message....YET! Lmao

Something was fishy about it this year. Why were there porta potties and a roll off dumpster in the parking lot all weekend? someone paid for that stuff to be there. Was it the city? Burlington? And from what I saw the cops didnt try to fight it untill 1:30. And then they shut it down fast for no more reason than they had 2 hrs earlier in the night. I am glad there were a lot less burn outs this year. It seemed to be busy but toned down a little which was good.

I didn't attend this year but last year I was there and there was a roll off in the parking lot then too. I don't remember if there were porta johns or not.

You can see the porta jons from the road, 3 or 4 of them set up for the past 2 years.

Porta johns and a roll off?
Uhhhh....construction somewhere maybe?

No, they've come to realize the best plan is to keep the retards in the play pen. You really should have came Rico. As long as you stayed away from Burlington, you were spared the retard experience. As far as those commenting who didn't go, your opinion is based upon second hand information, and second hand information is always known to be reliable....not.

Sent from IKT Performance HQ

Amd last time I checked Facebook had a update but I don't think you can send house keys in a private message....YET! Lmao

Not on Facebook, no. But there's an iPhone App for that. You can scan the key and it sends them and exact scale picture of it. Then there is a printer App you can use with this stuff called key paper. Its real stiff paper and works once or twice in a lock. (maybe someday :D)

:) I'm just trying to be humerous. I agree that you should be able to at least pull through a public parking facility without being in a traffic jamb or being harassed by pedestrians (which you were). If that situation happened on a Tuesday night in April...I promise the cops would be there and the situation would be broke up pretty darn quick. Party or not...the lot is a public space intended for the general public, with the intent to allow off-right-of-way parking. No ordinance was passed to show otherwise. Nor was the zoning of the property changed by Area Plan Commission to show otherwise for 3 days. Therefore if a pedestrian walked thru there with no association with the event was even touched by a participant...that's assult.

The porta johns were probably put there by the booze store next to the parking lot to prevent the "Occu-Tards" from dropping some little friends off on the hood of a police car or someone elses truck. Somebody in the past probably had to go out there on Monday with a shovel and a drag around a 39 gallon Rubbermaid trash can for about an hour. :)

Last edited:
No, they've come to realize the best plan is to keep the retards in the play pen. You really should have came Rico. As long as you stayed away from Burlington, you were spared the retard experience. As far as those commenting who didn't go, your opinion is based upon second hand information, and second hand information is always known to be reliable....not.

Sent from IKT Performance HQ

Almost true Rico, we had one retard around us the whole weekend. Every time I turned around Hooker was there......just bustin' your balls Phil. Now leave Brian alone I'm sure he has work to do.

The Reason for the Porta Toilets and Dumpster is the guy that owns the Liquor store also owns the Burlington lots and buildings. He wants the party there.

The Reason for the Porta Toilets and Dumpster is the guy that owns the Liquor store also owns the Burlington lots and buildings. He wants the party there.

Smart business owner. Wonder if we could get him to spike the liquor with bleach to help thin the herd of douchers!

Check out this article in the Indy star, Indystar.com search Scheid truck pull.

Those figures for arrests of different types and DUI arrests are data that local government agencies will use to eliminate whatever it is they want to eliminate. Wonder if it's possible to get the fools who have practically ruined what would otherwise be an amazing event even outside the fairgrounds interested in gas 4x4's again. Those used to be the "thing" in the 80's. :D You know...some Chevy C10's with 44" Gumbo Mudders and a 350 with tunnel ram intake. Then they could all attend another show like the 4Wheel Jamboree. It's alot cheaper to build a gasser too.

All in all the Scheid DX is an amazing event...especially for someone like me who lives 20 minutes away from the fairgrounds. The County Fair isn't even as popular and it goes on all week.

Personally I thought the burlington parking lot was insane. Everywhere else was nice and quiet. Id say if they keep everyone in that parking lot so be it. If you don't want to be around retards don't go in there. I walked over there then walked back to the campground and it was nice and quiet. I say well done. I drove my tow rig because its quiet and doesn't smoke hardly at all and left the burnouts to all the tards. I drank quite a bit but didn't drive and got to shoot the bull so it was a lot of fun.

For everybody saying why didn't the police shut it down and all that crap, the cops were there before any partying started. There were cops sitting in the BCF parking lot when we went by on our way to the evening session which starts at 7pm. After the event the cops were literally directing traffic around the parking lot and the only time they shut a burnout down was if the guy got all hog wild crazy with it.

For everybody saying why didn't the police shut it down and all that crap, the cops were there before any partying started. There were cops sitting in the BCF parking lot when we went by on our way to the evening session which starts at 7pm. After the event the cops were literally directing traffic around the parking lot and the only time they shut a burnout down was if the guy got all hog wild crazy with it.

Who's impressed by a burnout? Hell I can do a burnout on a f-ing lawn mower.

For everybody saying why didn't the police shut it down and all that crap...

I don't think anybody is saying "why aren't they shutting it down...we demand they shut it down!!". Not agreeing with it IS NOT saying shut it down. I didn't agree with it...so I didn't participate. You must have been in the middle of it since you know all about the logistics of how it was handled. Good for you. Hope you enjoyed it and had a good time. And I'm serious. It's just not for me. And I know how to have fun. I just do it on private property.

And again I personally think its a JOKE. Look at all the traffic violations and DUI. I've drank plenty in my life. But never had a DUI or a moving traffic violation of any kind. Because I respect the rights of others. This is MY town...where I live and work. Where our kids grow up and go to school. And I DON'T like it when there is a public display of stupidity, drunkeness and general retarded-ness that INVOLVES something I like...namely diesel trucks. It's my sport too. I don't golf, fish or hunt. I dont play baseball, softball or bowl. I have two diesel trucks and a diesel mower. That's my hobby. When the other 99% of the community sees diesel as a bunch of drunk, high people dancing topless on brass poles in the middle of plain sight in a public parking lot...it makes the sport look bad no matter how much you enjoyed yourself.

But I didn't say you couldn't do it or shut it down. I AM saying I don't like it. But that's my problem isn't it?

PS: The two biggest, smokiest burnouts I've ever seen (and I've been to Top Fuel events) was by a rusty old Oldsmobile Omega (with a little oil on the tire to help) and a 1974 F150 390 V8 rust bucket truck. Bar none. The Omega smoke filled up a two block section of down town to the point where police showed up and had no idea which direction the car went. The F150 put out smoke so much that it was shooting out the rust holes in the rear fenders like a massive steam pipe leak. Both left smoke billowing 100' in the air. NO DIESEL truck I saw at Burlington has topped that.

Last edited:
Ahhhhh....we could go on all day about this. It is what it is....and it was what it was. If it's there next year...fine. If it aint...I guess somebody will wish it was.

Back