Testing a different turbo setup

Granted you didn't make any extra power with more fuel pressure. But how hot do you think the IP gets as the fuel pressure is pulled down and the IP is working so hard? IMO it is worth it to keep fuel to the IP so you minimize failures with it. They are too expensive to rebuild. Why chance it over a couple hundred dollars?

DieselWrencher....
Here is what I was mearley trying to point out....
The cost of todays aftermarket lift pump assemblies vary greatly and another companies pump which cost about half of what mine did would have done the job just as well.As a matter of fact there was a much smaller pump on TimeBomb's truck which is run at alot lower GPH and pressure and his has performed flawlessly.Its been a ongoing discussion among a few of us that the 12v trucks respond better to volume and not added pressure and while I felt the trucks needed both,obviously I was wrong.

The pump on my truck until it failed a couple of weeks ago and was fixed under warranty(Thanks FASS!) never had the advertised pressure(45psi) and it always ran at 30psi or lower and would draw down to 9lbs during a throttle run.The pump ran like that on my truck for the last 2 years and I had no issues with it or my fuel system and now with it fixed and running correctly there was no gain at all on the jet,same dyno results just different days.Thats all I am saying.

I remember Jim doing a test a few years ago and him saying that no hp gains were seen in any pressure above 30 and he had tested his setup all the way to 100 if I remember correctly on his 12v.I as shocked to say the least and even though it feels alot better to drive the change means squat on the ground........Andy

so you lost hp/tq by going to the bigger exhuast wheel? im hoping to get on llyods dyno soon too. trying to found out what a 62/71/14 over a s483 is going to do

How much did the S483 cost ya? What did you start out with? I have a S480 now and was wondering if it were worth me upgrading to the 483

Andy I knew what you were saying. But some people don't understand what they need to live. I know you do, I was just throwing my 2 cents in there.

Back