Testing a different turbo setup

I could be interested in the sprung waste gate for the 35. just the other day i was thinking it would be cool if they used the spring style and already someone is building them!!

lately i have been having a hard time keeping my waste gate shut and my max boost is only 25psi now. i dont wanna weld it because i still wanna use it in a twin setup. This would be a cool alternative to the stock wastegate!

10AM
For a Holset ? The one in the pic is for a BW and is made by Bullseye Power & its $100. Im not sure what is best to use for gating but thought Id try it. Got one finished today for a HX35 or 40.

Would you be interested in doing a couple more?

anybody have a diagram or pictoral of this thing? so as we po fokes can attempt our own?

I havnt talked to you in awhile man, this setup should work pretty good and it really should after you change the primary. Ill be waiting for the results.

10AM

For a Holset ? The one in the pic is for a BW and is made by Bullseye Power & its $100. Im not sure what is best to use for gating but thought Id try it. Got one finished today for a HX35 or 40.

yeah, they've been out for a LONG time... I'm thinkin' 04-05'ish? hell, maybe earlier than that. They make them for Ford, GM, Dodge

Wastegate Control - Dodge

The Bullseye Power one is neat and all if you run the turbo in a twin config, but if you run it in a single, buy the one from E.D. Hell, even in a twin config, buy it from E.D. It actually fits, and Chris is one hell of a nice guy :cool:

that last run he did was pretty hard it blew that fan back like 10 feet from the door and tore up the plug.

Going the Phat Shaft 62/71 14 I lost 12hp and 68ft lbs of torque. I took the average of three befor and after runs and subtracted to get the results. Trying to get my scanner to work now, I overlayed the runs and you can def see its not lighting as fast. Guess thats what testing is for

I had a blast and there were some really nice numbers put down by other trucks yesterday. Big thanks to Lloyd at Mid Atlantic Diesel for everything.

hahaha that run was SICK! oh it made power, but i think i let TJ come in a fill you all in on what it made....... great day at MAD, good to see some old, and new faces!

Wes

718 on fuel is what it made.

something happened later on that involved the "pusher man" your friendly neighborhood drug dealer but it happened so fast i am not sure what really happened. :D

come on TJ, your being modest, what did it make when the dyno ninja stepped in......

so you lost hp/tq by going to the bigger exhuast wheel? im hoping to get on llyods dyno soon too. trying to found out what a 62/71/14 over a s483 is going to do

And what did I learn during yesterday's adventures....

Jim fulmer is correct....(Man that hurt,LOL)

On a 12v motor,any pressure change from 25psi to something above it will gain you absolutely ZERO when it comes to power numbers.

Back