Testing a different turbo setup

Jim...
Not only pressure was changed but volumes also.

The FASS on my truck was at 25psi in the fall at the dyno rip and pulled down to 9psi during a normal run.It then failed completely in early November and a new pump was sent to me with the correct pressure(45)and it seemed to make a difference in how it drove locally,however I never got back to the dyno until now to see if any difference was made.Knowing the motor was pulling the FASS down so bad I was assuming that I may have found one or my issues and yesterday was a learning curve that was not expected at all.I had the rebuilt FASS(its a 150/180-1010@45psi) fail early this month and they helped me get it back going and this time a 200gph motor was sent and installed.It put the pump at a stout 50psi and the truck seemed to like the new pressure better when you drive it.That change over what it was back in October made zero difference at the ground and has me a bit befuddled somewhat.As bad as I felt my pressures were I "thought"(there I go thinking again) that we had not only pressure issues but volume issues with how bad my unit would pull down and the throttle was hit hard.

Added presuure meant zero,nor did added volume so it makes me wonder why anyone would spend their hard earned cash on the more expensive fuel systems for a 12v daily driver.From what I have learned yesterday all it does is lighten ones wallet up ALOT and nets you zero on the ground.

so you lost hp/tq by going to the bigger exhuast wheel? im hoping to get on llyods dyno soon too. trying to found out what a 62/71/14 over a s483 is going to do

Yes, Ive been critisized for not "tuning" the AFC when doing this swap, and thats the cause... Whats an AFC Ive never messed with one...lol

Here is the sheet, The 35/40 are the runs that ramp up sooner.

l_a2465d0dddd44a7b9c039efaa5a5daf6.jpg

718 on fuel is what it made.

something happened later on that involved the "pusher man" your friendly neighborhood drug dealer but it happened so fast i am not sure what really happened. :D

tj congrats on the numbers. :nos:

It was nice meeting everyone

come on TJ, your being modest, what did it make when the dyno ninja stepped in......

dyno ninja...LOL

all i know is if you are dynoing in Lloyd's shop and he disappears, watch out, cuz he is prolly digging out his blue bottle to see if he can oxygenate your grossly overfueled truck.

worst part is even after the shot he gave me, it still had unburned fuel and coulda used more if thats possible?

oh there's always room for more! he said that he only opend the bottle one turn, and normally does two turns. he said he was scared to open two and stopped at one becuase of how quickly the charger lit! there still was plenty of smoke to clean up thats for sure!

makes me wonder what it would do with a little more...

the CDS 12mm pump is putting out some fuel. it would be a wicked set-up with some large twins, or triples, a functional AFC, and a nice 3 stage kit. LOL

wait a sec. i thought it was a 13mm pump??? damn i told Cooper it was a 13mm, that sure is alot of fuel if it is a 12mm!!!!

nope, just a 12mm. cant wait to make a couple tweaks and test it again. only i think ill make sure Lloyd keeps the bottle away from the truck next time. i dont want to make any oops before pulling season.

damn yea ill make sure that coop knows that! good setup TJ, and yes i wouldn't want to make any "oooppps" either...

makes me wonder what it would do with a little more...

the CDS 12mm pump is putting out some fuel. it would be a wicked set-up with some large twins, or triples, a functional AFC, and a nice 3 stage kit. LOL

So what did it do on the juice?

Getting back to Timebomb's results. I had similar dyno numbers. I went from a stock 35/12 to a pdr 35/14 with a modified wastegate and lost 10hp on the dyno. I had also modified the afc when I upgraded the turbo. To me, it felt better when I ran the stock turbo on top. I think I may go back to a 12cm turbine housing on top.

I am going to go out on e Limb here TJ...

I somehow do not think Lloyd was ever expecting to see anyone smash the 2000 ft lbs torque reading his jet is capable of....LOL.

Now I wonder how to get that big azzed charger to lite like that all the time on the street for daily driving......Can You Say,WOW what a ride?.......Andy

P.S.-They were very impressive runs to say the least.Big Pop for the MD Plate on your truck,LOL.

I am going to go out on e Limb here TJ...

I somehow do not think Lloyd was ever expecting to see anyone smash the 2000 ft lbs torque reading his jet is capable of....LOL.

Now I wonder how to get that big azzed charger to lite like that all the time on the street for daily driving......Can You Say,WOW what a ride?.......Andy

P.S.-They were very impressive runs to say the least.Big Pop for the MD Plate on your truck,LOL.

LOL thanks Andy. It was fun. The number was great but as we spoke about the other day, the exact reason I'll never install a nitrous system on my truck is that once its installed for a dyno run, every pull someone is gonna think there is a bottle on it.

its not gonna lite the way it did on the open bottle, but with some head porting and a better manifold set-up i think i can get it to spool just a couple hundred RPM sooner, and that would make a bigg difference.

Also, calculated the torque using the math to convert MPH to rpm etc. and got a max tq of 2113 ft/lbs.

I dunno what was up with the other runs reading 2000 when we used the load option, the math doesnt add up at that point.

1167 hp? Holy chit man that's no joke. Mind me asking what charger is on the truck? PM if you want

Added presuure meant zero,nor did added volume so it makes me wonder why anyone would spend their hard earned cash on the more expensive fuel systems for a 12v daily driver.From what I have learned yesterday all it does is lighten ones wallet up ALOT and nets you zero on the ground.

Granted you didn't make any extra power with more fuel pressure. But how hot do you think the IP gets as the fuel pressure is pulled down and the IP is working so hard? IMO it is worth it to keep fuel to the IP so you minimize failures with it. They are too expensive to rebuild. Why chance it over a couple hundred dollars?

Back