Texas Sledpulls??

MrJohnWayne

Powerstroke Grease Monkey
Anyone know of any sled comp's that are somewhat close to DFW (100 miles or so)

Thanks!

There are actually a bunch in that area. There is one this weekend somewhere around Abilene. There is also one every month in stevenville. One in Deleon, and several other places. There is a texas tractor pulling club online that has all the dates for texas pulls. If you can find it they will say which ones they allow trucks to pull in. I dont pay attention to much to the dates. One of my buddies finds one and i just follow him. We were going to the one in Abilene this weekend but i broke my tranny and he had to work.

They seem like they would be a great time. Never done it before and want to try just don't want to drive 400 miles. Thanks for the info!

DHRA is having a huge event in Oct outside Houston. Mark your calender for that one!!!

If you want a beer, look for me, I'll have a cooler full with me and those that ask shall recieve. It will be a blast!! I'm pulling if everything goes as planned.

I'll posted some dates soon.. they are updating the schedule because of the some rain dates.. There's also Diesel sponsered event in Alvarado in July.. supposed to be dyno and sled pulling... Not sure who's sled they are using... There's more info on the DTR..
Bryan

Sorry about the TLA.. haha.. (Three Letter Acronym) DTR... Its a Dodge thing.. DieselTruckResource.com

I don't have the rain dates yet.. These events pull Antique tractors.. and mix in some V8 powered tractors.. and gas and diesel trucks.. They will let about anything pull.. but remember they are tractor club.. Usually there are no rules for the trucks.. (Or haven't been) Sometimes they will run 2 diesel classes.. single turbo, no hanging weights.. and everything else.. but usually just one class.

May 19th LeRoy (Northeast of Waco)
May 26th Hillsboro
June 15th Stephenville
June 22-23 Dublin
August 17-18 Valley Mills

July 14th Alvarado Diesel Truck Showdown
I haven't heard the details on this event HT3500 working on it.. (Maybe he'll post here??) More details here: http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/showthread.php?t=145610

Of the few pulls listed above, usually Stephenville and Dublin bring in the most diesel trucks.. There are more events.. If a group gets together and shows up they will let you pull.. I'll post more dates later..
Bryan

Ok thanks!

I know down around houston they have the antique pulls. My bro and his friends usually go to em but like you said they only have certain pulls that will allow trucks.

yes keep me posted i just might be ready late this year for a little fun.
just gotta do a few more odds and ends . then get the old girl on the rollers to see if i am happy with the numbers before i go pulling with it LOL

just a old work truck that likes to run :)

MrJohnWayne said:
Ok thanks!

I know down around houston they have the antique pulls. My bro and his friends usually go to em but like you said they only have certain pulls that will allow trucks.
Would they let you pull if we got a Group of trucks together?

it depends on where it is at. There is one in colombus I think that will let anything pull, but there are some that are antique tractors only.

June 7th Mt Calm

Update on a rain date... June 7th Friday night Mt Calm (East of Waco on Hwy 31) Friday night is going to be trucks only. Saturday will be the Antiques. Last I heard.. no hook fee.. but donations for the Mt. Calm Fire department.
There's also going to be a pull next Saturday in Hillsboro.. if we can get a few little things fixed on the truck.. we should have the 1st gen there...
Bryan

JDGnut said:
Update on a rain date... June 7th Friday night Mt Calm (East of Waco on Hwy 31) Friday night is going to be trucks only.

Sorry guys.. this is Friday the 8th..
Bryan

Winters

Does anyone know if there is a pull in Winters this month. I thought I saw it posted somewhere but I can t find it now.

I got an updated schedule Saturday...
This is for the HWH sled out of Stephenville...
May 25th-26th Hillsboro
June 1-2nd Trent
June 8-9th Mt Calm(Truck pull Friday night, Antiques on Saturday.)
June 15-16th Stephenville (City Park)
June 22-23 Dublin
July 6-7th Glen Rose.. (Not sure about pulling trucks at this event.)
July 14th Alvarado DFW Diesel Truck Showdown.. (See other threads.)
July 20-21 Santo (I don't know anything about this event.)
July 27-28 Fairfield (Supposed to be a big event.. Trucks/Hot Rods Friday night, Saturday Antiques, Saturday night trucks/hotrods.. Supposed to be pay back on truck and hotrod classes.. - just what I heard from the sled guys.. not the promoter)

August ?? DeLeon (Usually the first weekend in August.. Thursday, Friday and Saturday.. Pulling all nights.. Trucks run last.. very late..)

August 17-18th Valley Mills

Sept 1st Stephenville (Erath Livestock Area) TTTPA Texas Truck and Tractor Pullers Assoc.. I believe this will be the TTTPA first event.. This should be the start of bringing back some of the Hotter pulling classes.. Mods, Pro Trucks, Hot Farm.. and Diesel trucks... Maybe organized pulling.. I hope they can get this going...

Sept. 8th Gordon
Oct 12-13th Cisco

Last edited:
ag101 said:
Does anyone know if there is a pull in Winters this month. I thought I saw it posted somewhere but I can t find it now.

I don't have the date.. but it was about a month ago..
Bryan

Back