The demise of 2.6?

I'm glad ostpa letting 2.6 turbo's go for this season. At least I can get some use out of this charger before its outlaw.

The turbo swapping might be pretty common across the country.

Locally we have:
PPL western: Using the 2016 rules but allowing over 158" for one more year

OTTPA (Outlaws): ODL, 3.0 smooth and 2.6 turbos (might have a max OD of the MWE put in the rules to keep power close between the two options)

Nebraska Bush (ppl member state org.) : allowed both 2.6 and 3.0 smooth for 2015, but ppl western said we couldn't allow both for 2016. Rules meeting this coming weekend.

We cut 2.6 and going to 2.5 bob rules.... Except for we can run atw runner intakes 35" duals and hood stacks with weight boxes. Heavy 2.5 kinda sorta so we shall see how it all pans out
Might have to look over those rules

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I'll be curious to see what happens at TS and sdx this year. I'm guessing turnouts will be a lot lower. But I guess that's what they want. I for one am not going to buy a new turbo that make less power and likely will be change again in a year. Just my opinion but I think they are ruining the class.

I'm slightly confused. I have talked with 2 of the top turbo builders in the past week one said he was making more power then the best 2.6 charger from last year and the other guy says he is just above the old 2.6 charger. Neither one would sell a turbo that day as they had more to Dyno. These guys blowing smoke up our a$$ or what??

I'm slightly confused. I have talked with 2 of the top turbo builders in the past week one said he was making more power then the best 2.6 charger from last year and the other guy says he is just above the old 2.6 charger. Neither one would sell a turbo that day as they had more to Dyno. These guys blowing smoke up our a$$ or what??

Well it depends who you consider 2 of the top turbo builders. What turbo are they comparing to current 2.6 turbos. A new 2.6 or a 3.0smoothbore.

One of company's has been building 3in smooth bore for awhile now with tractors. They claim to be using a smaller frame then the hx60 and making more power then the best 2.6 charger in 2015. The other guy is using a hx60 frame and says he is just above the old 2.6 charger with his 3.0 smooth bore. And then there is guys saying that the power is down on the 3.0 chargers. Is it really or isn't it?

One of company's has been building 3in smooth bore for awhile now with tractors. They claim to be using a smaller frame then the hx60 and making more power then the best 2.6 charger in 2015. The other guy is using a hx60 frame and says he is just above the old 2.6 charger with his 3.0 smooth bore. And then there is guys saying that the power is down on the 3.0 chargers. Is it really or isn't it?

From several sources, 3.0 smooth is going to pick up power over the top 2.6 from last year and 3.6. Smooth is going to pick up quite a bit of power over last year's top 3.0

Where is all this extra power going to come from. Do you guys think these turbos are really going to make a huge hp jump compared to what they make on tractors.

They claim to be using a smaller frame then the hx60 and making more power then the best 2.6 charger in 2015.

That is true to the best of their knowledge, however they don't know what the best 2.6" chargers made for power this year.

From several sources, 3.0 smooth is going to pick up power over the top 2.6 from last year and 3.6. Smooth is going to pick up quite a bit of power over last year's top 3.0

No way, I haven't seen a 466 tractor make over 1500hp on a 3x4 smooth bore.... And a 3.6 isn't going to make over 2000hp IMO...so power won't go up

That is true to the best of their knowledge, however they don't know what the best 2.6" chargers made for power this year.

EXACTLY!

We cut 2.6 and going to 2.5 bob rules.... Except for we can run atw runner intakes 35" duals and hood stacks with weight boxes. Heavy 2.5 kinda sorta so we shall see how it all pans out

Hopefully Badger State will do a better job of enforcing the rules than BOB did.

Badger State going to straight 3.0 smooth bore or they going to allow both (3.0 Smooth and 2.6) for one year?

They really should make an effort to proof read/spell check the stuff they publish.

:rules::rules:I don't know what a cable between #1 and # 2 is gonna do

It's gonna get wrapped up in my clutch

Last edited:
Back