The EDGE Race Truck

OT-OF-Here

Owner of the Black Beach
I never see anything on the EDGE truck. Anyone know what kind of times it turns or are they racing it at all.

Anyone??

:tree:

It sitting on the Edge showroom floor right now.

Some Trashdawg is leaning next to it.
CAHWGB5L.jpg

yeah, the penny pinchers wont let any funds go, so they cant run the truck

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!

WUnderwood said:
yeah, the penny pinchers wont let any funds go, so they cant run the truck

If Aaron wasn't taking such a big salary and bonus they probably could afford to put fuel in it and run at Indy (just kiddin' Aaron).

Still it's a shame to have an obviously well prepared truck just occupying the showroom. :bang

OT-OF-Here said:
If Aaron wasn't taking such a big salary and bonus they probably could afford to put fuel in it and run at Indy (just kiddin' Aaron).

Still it's a shame to have an obviously well prepared truck just occupying the showroom. :bang
i would buy that truck in a heart beat........is it for sale?

I sure would like to see Keith and the boys back at it someday.......

What do they need funds for? I thought the truck was already runnin'?

imelmo said:
What do they need funds for? I thought the truck was already runnin'?
The 'new' owners of the Edge company pulled the race funds.....

the real problem is its about a 1000 lbs to heavy

All it needs the the same Edge controller the maddog runs on his truck. That would off set the extra weight

Trashdawg said:
All it needs the the same Edge controller the maddog runs on his truck. That would off set the extra weight
WOW!!!! I had heard that the old bar in Cedar City had a new comedian on Friday nights, but I had no idea it was you. That's awesome.:rockwoot:

COMP461 said:
the real problem is its about a 1000 lbs to heavy

Kind of like the extra 1000lbs that Keating's truck has over your old ride and for a time had the mph record.:hehe:

Put a clutch in my old ride and it runs 175 mph, and no faster ET, if it ever got down the track. That MPH is not important, it gets there to quick to run big mph

That why you can’t rely on mph in a gear bound race car to give you hp figures

Did you just say that?

You really don't think that MPH is not related to HP? WOW!

What Greg is saying..... If you need to use more of your RPM you would gear down a car, to stay in the RPM band longer. His 175 is too long and the other is too short for a true dyno number, in his opion.

Take an engine dyno'ed 500 HP motor and stick it in a truck with 4:88's and then swap to 3:53's.... see the difference?

Last edited:
I was over at Edge a couple months ago and it's still there. That is one beautiful truck.

Burner said:
His 175 is too long and the other is too short for a true dyno number, in his opion. Take an engine dyno'ed 500 HP motor and stick it in a truck with 4:88's and then swap to 3:53's.... see the difference?
I don't see the difference. Your ET's will change but not your speed unless you run out of RPM's at the top end. All a gear change will do is affect torque and RPM but since both are a factor in calculating HP then the result will be the same. HP = RPM x T(torque)/5252(constant)

No quarter here. However, I believe that the ET and speed will change with a gear change.

Back