The Funny Car vs. Gasser "trash"

Will do Ron. Off topic, Has anyone ever thought of doing a diesel swap meet at these events. On the 2 day events I think it would be awesome. I was sitting on the toilet & the idea "HIT" me. :hehe:

This doesn't surprise me coming from you John lol

That wasn't an idea John, it was a backfire.
This wins an "Omg...."

We would love to have you there. Us diesel people are a little outnumbered there.
But your avatar.... I just threw up in my mouth a little. Thanks Heath.

Well, what do ya know, Karen won!! We had a ball!! 1st pass
Karen ran a 5.602..........gasser lost traction & almost hit the wall.
Second pass Karen in the left lane this time ran a 5.780......gasser ran a 5.587
Third pass I dont remember but we got the light. It was close. We have backed the tune down a little to get some reliability.
That makes 18 passes in a row for the funnycar without a failure on any kind. The only tools we got out of the trailer was a air psi guage & the battery charger.This team is very proud of that. In 9 months time the car has met its goals for the year. Our goals were to get it built, then get it going straight down the track, then get it into the 8`s, then get it reliable. We already know where there are a few tenths more to be gained now but we are trying to get a good solid car that makes passes. That was probabley the last runs for the season unless we can get the Banks boys to do a matchrace in Vegas in few weeks. I hope they do. It would be very good for the sport of diesel drag if they would. After sema we will tear it all down & make the necessary changes to hopefully come out with a seven second car at the beginning of next season.
I hope it doesnt sound like I`m tooting my own horn too much but i`m very proud of the good men that have been involved with this car & all the fun we have had doing it. Thanks again everybody & I cant wait for next season. :thankyou2: :thankyou2: :thankyou2:

Second pass Karen in the left lane this time ran a 5.780......gasser ran a 5.587
Third pass I dont remember but we got the light. It was close. We have backed the tune down a little to get some reliability.
That makes 18 passes in a row for the funnycar without a failure on any kind. The only tools we got out of the trailer was a air psi guage & the battery charger.This team is very proud of that. In 9 months time the car has met its goals for the year. Our goals were to get it built, then get it going straight down the track, then get it into the 8`s, then get it reliable. We already know where there are a few tenths more to be gained now but we are trying to get a good solid car that makes passes. That was probabley the last runs for the season unless we can get the Banks boys to do a matchrace in Vegas in few weeks. I hope they do. It would be very good for the sport of diesel drag if they would. After sema we will tear it all down & make the necessary changes to hopefully come out with a seven second car at the beginning of next season.
I hope it doesnt sound like I`m tooting my own horn too much but i`m very proud of the good men that have been involved with this car & all the fun we have had doing it. Thanks again everybody & I cant wait for next season. :thankyou2: :thankyou2: :thankyou2:

congrats!!:clap: it's good to see that car coming along so well so quickly!!

Congrats John!!!!!

As far as the horn tooting.........I think you've earned a few free self toots....

Congrats!!!! Well deserved, the entire team has been busting tail all year!
:rockwoot::cheer::rockwoot:

way to go john!!!! did anyone get it on film? id love to see you stick it to some gassers!

Excellent Job John!!!! :woohoo:

Congrats on the win. I bet your pit was packed with folks all day.

Big Props to you and all your minions John (even Heath)!

18 passes without touching the car for a part failure is saying something as well :rockwoot:

man it was a good time at the track, as usual everyone wanted to see the diesel with the flame shooting out of it!

i can't wait till next year !

I may it out...it was the first time that ive seen him run..and it was AWESOME!!!!! i had hoped for more diesels to show up but i only saw a few in the parking lot...i was very very impressed it was great to watch!!!!

I may it out...it was the first time that ive seen him run..and it was AWESOME!!!!! i had hoped for more diesels to show up but i only saw a few in the parking lot...i was very very impressed it was great to watch!!!!

I wish you would have come over & said hi. We diesel guys need to stick together.

Back