The History And Future Of The Diesel Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy chit was that smoke out of the world's latest and greatest all power no smoke pos sidewinder. I guess Gale is slippin' a little.

The sidewinder weighed in at over 5500 lbs and was set up to run the salt flats. that was also 4 years ago, how fast was the rest of the street trucks then

I will make a predictions that the next Sindwinder that lines up against that dragster , will show a different result, much like the results of the last time I race that same dragster
http://video.competitiondiesel.com/video/8073f310-6e3c-4fed-b6fb-9814014a6ad5.htm :eek:wned:

Last edited:
The light turned green, to be fare to Dustin, Whom I respect as a Driver, Scott asked Charlie Stewart to give them time to get up on the chargers, Charlie not being a diesel racer, interpreted that as give him time to spool on the pre stage and bump in when he was up, when the message was give to me over the running engine, I interpreted as let him bump in last. They were have a time with something up there in the thin air. I was not

The point is the Bonneville land speed record holding, diesel powered Sidewinder was not a a drag race prepped truck and a little unevenly matched to a dragster , but in the sprit of responsibility to the fans at TruckFest , and at the Personnel request of John Bandamire the truck was drag raced against a dragster. How do you refuse the request of one of the fathers of our sport NHRA drag racing?

Gale Banks Engineering has committed to racing this season in NHRA’s Top Sportsman eliminator to this goal a great efferent has been undertaken to make this a absolutely competitive venture. The incredible resources of Gale’s prototype shop are focused on this project, along with the Type R road race truck, and other important projects currently underway. The people in this shop are the some of the best craftsman and engineers in the motorsports world. I am honored to be a part of that team. And will do my best to represent the diesel world in the
Some people on here feel very threaten by the potential of this dream team, and thereby very unprofessional attack are always proffered every time I post, I would just stop posting , and go back to preparing for this season . I will not do that because I get a flood of support from people on here to continue with the information, and second I will ignore these irrelevant people, until they either prove them selves, or just drift in to the gray sidelines
This season will propel diesel as legitimate power plants, with the ability to compete on a level playing field in the very competitive world of NHRA drag racing. Because of the efforts of Gale along with others this is a reality , you will soon see this effort take the lead as America’s best know diesel power truck , from the first Sidewinder .

Last edited:
COMP461 said:
The sidewinder weighed in at over 5500 lbs and was set up to run the salt flats. that was also 4 years ago, how fast was the rest of the street trucks then

I will make a predictions that the next Sindwinder that lines up against that dragster , will show a different result, much like the results of the last time I race that same dragster
http://video.competitiondiesel.com/video/8073f310-6e3c-4fed-b6fb-9814014a6ad5.htm :eek:wned:
The sidewinder was a lot lighter than 5500lbs Comp, and if the truth be know it was slower than a 7000lbs crewcab that day. The big magazine article that they printed about dominating Truck Fest was a joke.

You’re misinformed, in reality it’s a lot heaver then it looks. The truck it was built as a land speed record truck, and a street truck and it really weighs 5500 lbs. it’s geared to go 220 and not drag race.
Sidewinder will be taking up residences at a prestigious automotive museum. It’s undisputedly the most recognized diesel truck in the world. I still think it would have been fun to run around it. The real ride is the 24 hour endurance truck Type R. I would love to go screaming down the Mulsanne straights at Le Mans at 180 plus. And back to 30 to make the conner .

COMP461 said:
You’re misinformed, in reality it’s a lot heaver then it looks. The truck it was built as a land speed record truck, and a street truck and it really weighs 5500 lbs. it’s geared to go 220 and not drag race.

So, you are telling me that the great CBE, could not manage to change out some gears in a Ford 9" so they could drag race properly?

That is ridiculous.

I'd wager money, you had never heard of that truck, until you started sucking up to Gail.

I have known of Gale Banks Engineering since I was old enough to read Hot Rod. Who didn’t read about the various Bonneville coupe’s, and twin turbo cars, back when most of the current new comers in diesel didn’t know what a AR ratio was. I had a Banks twin turbo jet boat in the early 80’s. He is one of the people I admired most growing up in the racing world.

You may rant and rave all you want, at least for a short while longer. I know the basis, for you and you buddies nerviness, it’s that the results are inevitable and it’s scaring the hell out of people that shouldn’t have so visibly, and brazenly thrown down the gauntlet challenging the one organization they haven't a chance to compete with.

You and a few others are primary reason I am so privileged to have the premiere ride in the history of diesel motorsports. Thank you!!! The results will be an increased availability of the spin-off of high end parts to the public.

What did Banks do to this truck to hold rail psi? A single pump? What kind of rail psi are you running at? Where can I get a gauge to monitor the rail psi? You can PM me if you would like. Thanks.

Bobo said:
What did Banks do to this truck to hold rail psi? A single pump? What kind of rail psi are you running at? Where can I get a gauge to monitor the rail psi? You can PM me if you would like. Thanks.

The Banks Dmax engines are running a CP3.4 injection pump.

You can say all you want about the Gale Banks engineering team they may know how diesels run but I have made the mistake of buying a banks product and i wish i would have never wasted the 3200 dollars on a piece of CHIT like that. I admire you as a racer Greg but as far as i am concerned the banks products are the worst products on the market. Well I cant really speak for any other trucks than the 98-02 dodges but the power pack is a joke. I way over paid and am very dissatisfied with his products. I could have made more power with half the money I spent on that pile of garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back