The History And Future Of The Diesel Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know I go to school and work 12 hours a day. The only thing that gets me through the day is the 20 minuet brake I have where I get to check my email and read these fourms. Ive said it before and I'll say it many more times in my life...this stuff is better than reality TV!:rockwoot: Rock on guys, thanks for giving all of us swing shift guys at LL foods loads of entertainment!

Oh and BTW- RacinDuallie, if your avatar is your engine its the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Everyone here in the LL foods swing shift is cheering for you this season! Kick some butt!

Sorry to interupt. Please continue...

Sledpuller said:
What happened at Pomona???

I've been in contact with the NHRA (Mike Rice).

They are not keen on diesels running on THEIR tracks.

Whether you hate Greg or not, don't assume the NHRA wants our "dirty diesels" running on the tracks they've reserved for exploding 10 second trailer queen gassers. If it ain't a 60's musclecar or a million dollar TF dragster, they really don't want to be bothered.

Feel free to call Mike Rice at NHRA headquarters.

Pat

By the way.

Street cars and trucks are banned from Pomona with the full permission of the NHRA. If it actually runs a plate, it is not really welcome.

The excuse was "noise". Instead of getting a $500 decibel meter and enforcing it, they agreed with the City of LaVerne that muffled street cars are louder than TF rails.

The NHRA is an embarrassment to the drag racing heritage it was founded on, and to the racers who put them there. The WWF has more credibility.

Drag racing starting in Santa Ana California. It was sold to the highest bidder in Pomona.

Last edited:
COMP461 said:
This is nothing but John and Preston attempt to become relevant. ,

AHEM!
I'd like to point out, that John P became relevant when I ackowledged his existence, several years ago, at an all Diesel rally,:Cheer: before you were thrown out of NHRA gasser classers, COMP.:hehe:

Preston became relevant just this year, when I let him shake my hand, in the staging lanes at IRP.

I suppose you would call that "ASSAULT", though, eh? LOL:woohoo:

McRat said:
Drag racing starting in Santa Ana California.

I grew up at OCIR. Nice industrial park - not. Here is a shot of Dads car at Fremont...

fremont_wheelie-small.jpg

Here is the really cool thing....his car is still around. It was found, restored and now is in Scotland:

http://www.chpltd.com/ultra_vw/timemachine.html

http://www.calixo.net/~dubois1/rsghia.html

Last edited:
lpreston said:
I grew up at OCIR. Nice industrial park. Here is a shot of Dads car at Fremont...

26633544345780916d1f75.jpg

I ran my first 12 second ET at OCIR on a stock Kawasaki H1 in 1976.

Long, long time ago. I miss those days.

cowpunk said:
Oh and BTW- RacinDuallie, if your avatar is your engine its the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Everyone here in the LL foods swing shift is cheering for you this season! Kick some butt!

CP- THANK YOU! Yes it IS one of my engines, it is an old build for my street duallie(or as Comp put it-farm truck) the block and crankshaft is on the way to my machinists shop for some freshening up. It will be back in action (on the farm -Comp presumes) with twins and a P-pump this next time out. The head was a ported version that I bought several years back, I have gone through that same head and re-ported it with the findings of my own personal research that I have learned along the way, been playing with these diesels since 1998-99 and I am excited everytime I learn something new, I NEVER proclaimed anywhere to be an expert in anything. I don't have a little black book that I fall back on..... The great people and companies in my Sig are my people, and I'm very PROUD to have them stand next to me in my racing ventures, I'm HONORED that I have been given the opportunity to represent their names.

I don't need to start rumors and blatant lies and promote myself like another has a history of (and he has constantly done this practice.....:bang)

My beliefs are in the truth, and to make sure that truth is known.:rockwoot: I'm a man of integrity and personal character, and I uphold these values- yet I get constantly attacked for bringing these well known truths to light. :kick: I will continue to hold my head up high and push forward, no matter how many of these baseless attacks against myself and my race truck surface. Personally- these attacks only gives me more enthuisiasm to succeed.

I thank all those that support me and cheer me on. And I invite these people to stop by and introduce themselves to me when we finally do start hitting these events......:rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

:snoop:

You know how you walk away from something and then think, damn I shoulda said....

COMP461 said:
This is nothing but John and Preston attempt to become relevant.

I'm more relevant than this:

Builder, of the Quickest and Fastest Diesel Drag Truck on the Planet
8.42 @ 161.00

Not your time and you take credit for it....nice. :kick:

If Gayle wanted to hire the fastest diesel truck driver he should have hired Charlie Stewart. :eek:wned:

BTW...the guys at Dr P were very nice to talk to at SEMA....not the foaming-at-the-mouth bunch of wolverines you made them out to be. Oh...sorry. I said wolverine. I know what that word does to you :soap:

I like how a person give themselves the authority to deem other people and other competitors a voice to deem these people relevant or not....

Sounds like a 'pied piper' in the works.....:eek:wned:

:hehe:

McRat said:
I've been in contact with the NHRA (Mike Rice).

They are not keen on diesels running on THEIR tracks.

Whether you hate Greg or not, don't assume the NHRA wants our "dirty diesels" running on the tracks they've reserved for exploding 10 second trailer queen gassers. If it ain't a 60's musclecar or a million dollar TF dragster, they really don't want to be bothered.

Pat
Thanks for reminding me why we formed DHRA- renewed my drive, thanks Pat.

OK you guys are giving me flash backs... All these years I thought it was McRat that got me addicted to drag racing. Now I remember my first pass down the 1/4 mile was riding shotgun in my Dad's Semi Truck at OCIR then again at I think it was called Ontario Internal Speedway(?). Not that any track would allow a kid to ride as a passenger today, at least not in CA.

Kat said:
OK you guys are giving me flash backs... All these years I thought it was McRat that got me addicted to drag racing. Now I remember my first pass down the 1/4 mile was riding shotgun in my Dad's Semi Truck at OCIR then again at I think it was called Ontario Internal Speedway(?). Not that any track would allow a kid to ride as a passenger today, at least not in CA.

LOL My brother Treesmasher went 4 rounds in his Pete 379 Ext. Hood- at the Diesel Truckin Nats, while his son was soundly sleeping in the sleeper-LOL your post brought that memory back up-LOL

OCIR was right off I-5 in Orange County. Ontario still has a drag strip...thats where the Bug-Ins where moved to. Its part of the California Speedway complex. Kinda out the Riverside direction.

I remember traveling in the camper that slid into the pickup bed and sleeping in a cabinet over the dining table. I also remember falling out of that cabinet when Dad swerved to miss something. My brother and I were a constant fixture in the pits of folks like Don Purdhomme, Don Garlits and a few others. We would draw pictures of their cars and they would sign them for us. Wish we had kept that stuff....

Last edited:
lpreston said:
OCIR was right off I-5 in Orange County. Ontario still has a drag strip...thats where the Bug-Ins where moved to. Its part of the California Speedway complex. Kinda out the Riverside direction.

We race at the new one on occasion, it at a different location. It is only 15 minutes from our house. They tore the old one down, that was right off the 10 fwy.

Sledpuller said:
AHEM!
I'd like to point out, that John P became relevant when I ackowledged his existence, several years ago, at an all Diesel rally,:Cheer: before you were thrown out of NHRA gasser classers, COMP.:hehe:

Preston became relevant just this year, when I let him shake my hand, in the staging lanes at IRP.

I suppose you would call that "ASSAULT", though, eh? LOL:woohoo:
----------
Thanks buddy!! I know that Lewis appreciates it too!:rockwoot:

Boy Gene, I do remember back to those "old days" when you and your "Amsoil" Sled Pulling Truck was defintiely "on a roll!" Man that truck made some great pulls, that's for sure. That was also way before COMP came "out of his hole" to cause all this hate and discontent!:blahblah1:

--------
John_P

lpreston said:

I remember traveling in the camper that slid into the pickup bed and sleeping in a cabinet over the dining table. I also remember falling out of that cabinet when Dad swerved to miss something. My brother and I were a constant fixture in the pits of folks like Don Purdhomme, Don Garlits and a few others. We would draw pictures of their cars and they would sign them for us. Wish we had kept that stuff....

My first full time job was at Southwest Import Rebuilders in Santa Ana where I worked rebuilding VW cylinder heads. I remember watching the Karmann Ghias running 10's at the Bug In's, and loved watching the Engine Swaping races. Packed OCIR to full capacity.

McRat said:

NHRA.... are not keen on diesels running on THEIR tracks.

Whether you hate Greg or not, don't assume the NHRA wants our "dirty diesels" running on the tracks .....
Pat

It may have worked, if SOMEBODY wouldn't have been pulling their chain about how unsafe the soot was on the track.
Gosh, I wonder who that would be?

John,
Whats funny, is being around since the foundation of hot Diesel pickups was being formed, and now watching the new "innovators" try tear it down, and act like they invented the wheel..:what:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back