The History And Future Of The Diesel Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just the soot they use as an excuse, we've even been told to shut off our engines at LACR because they don't like the "smell" in the staging lanes.

The saving grace is the fans love it. Nothing like coming up the return road after a good kill and getting the thumbs up from folk in the stands.

McRat said:
It's not just the soot they use as an excuse, we've even been told to shut off our engines at LACR because they don't like the "smell" in the staging lanes.

The saving grace is the fans love it. Nothing like coming up the return road after a good kill and getting the thumbs up from folk in the stands.
yep thats what makes it all worth while.:rockwoot:

Sledpuller said:
It may have worked, if SOMEBODY wouldn't have been pulling their chain about how unsafe the soot was on the track.
Gosh, I wonder who that would be?

Gee a funny thing...several months back when The PDRA was just formed I recieved an e-mail containing a drafted letter that was addressed to an unnamed executive at NHRA, in this draft, contained statements to that very same issue, and I completely flipped out. And this SOMEBODY couldn't see my reasons for why I was flipping out. I said DO NOT SEND THIS LETTER!!! YOU MUST TAKE THAT STATEMENT OUT! The response back was that- oh it's outta my hands now, GM, and Banks are pushing hard for these rulings to change..... Well I demanded that they sit back and hold tight now that we've gotten their attention DON'T SPOIL IT FOR THE REST OF THE DIESEL RACERS....And I was accused of trying to take control of their plan.... Yet it continued... We had other issues with this SOMEBODY that kept forging ahead and using the PDRA name as an extra incentive. We did not agree with this method of getting the NHRA to swing our way at all. And we parted ways. We continued with our inside connection in the NHRA, while SOMEBODY continued theirs. . . . And we still are very much in touch with our connection, this connection actually was pretty pleased to see a united group of racers band together and form this group. We HAVE gained this individuals attention and still maintain our contact. I have called and left a message to see if I can find out what is the deal here.....

RacinDuallie said:
Gee a funny thing...several months back when The PDRA was just formed I recieved an e-mail containing a drafted letter that was addressed to an unnamed executive at NHRA, in this draft, contained statements to that very same issue, and I completely flipped out. And this SOMEBODY couldn't see my reasons for why I was flipping out. I said DO NOT SEND THIS LETTER!!! YOU MUST TAKE THAT STATEMENT OUT! The response back was that- oh it's outta my hands now, GM, and Banks are pushing hard for these rulings to change..... Well I demanded that they sit back and hold tight now that we've gotten their attention DON'T SPOIL IT FOR THE REST OF THE DIESEL RACERS....And I was accused of trying to take control of their plan.... Yet it continued... We had other issues with this SOMEBODY that kept forging ahead and using the PDRA name as an extra incentive. We did not agree with this method of getting the NHRA to swing our way at all. And we parted ways. We continued with our inside connection in the NHRA, while SOMEBODY continued theirs. . . . And we still are very much in touch with our connection, this connection actually was pretty pleased to see a united group of racers band together and form this group. We HAVE gained this individuals attention and still maintain our contact. I have called and left a message to see if I can find out what is the deal here.....

That's damn straight........ Who's Refuting this?, I want their SS number..........Now!!!!!

And for the record cause I've been accused of editing my posts you will note NOTHING has been edited out of my above post, I have other proof to my claims and if need be or if these claims are refuted I will be happy to post up my proof. This is my word to nobody directly, just SOMEBODY in general.

Yes- saved in my files.......with other interesting facts too should they need to surface or be refuted.....:what:

Sledpuller said:
It may have worked, if SOMEBODY wouldn't have been pulling their chain about how unsafe the soot was on the track.
Gosh, I wonder who that would be?

Somebody please tell me its not who I think it is..... :bang

RacinDuallie said:

Absolute hog wash; you have a copy of both letters from Gale and Mike Wood of NX I sent to you , Scott Benz , Bill Fletch and David Dunbar , keeping you all informed

The PDRA was not even mention or for that matter even relevant, Mike and Gale were answering the key complaints that NHRA senior officials voiced to us in a meeting held that you were not a party to.
NHRA officials were worried about excessive smoke, the inability to stage with other car in the classes, and soot on the track. This was their chief objections and together those objections were answered by both Gale and Mike, in separate letter. You must not understand basic negotiations or salesmanship principals. Well here is a basic. you first listen to their objections and item by item overcome their objections , whether they have merit or not . the soot on the track whether or not it is true or not was one of NHRA’s complaint about diesel, both Scott Benz and my self ran in to this when the Pro’s complained about the track, and I quote The diesel sooted up the track on their exhibition passes, did we , I really don’t think so, but PRO has a lot of pull and this was a major concern with letting diesels in in large numbers , We already were allowed to run several of the classes in question , but with out nitrous it was uncompetitive.

You and your attempt to be somebody, or as I have said several times the pied piper of diesels luckily didn’t get in the way, NHRA reaction to you not wanting to be a part of our letters was amusing, their reply was that the two NHRA licensed racers that were lobbing for it and a part to these talks were both veteran racers that have competed in 5 categories in the last five years , meaning Myself and Charlie Stewart , both are the first on the list when the subject of Diesels competing in NHRA sportsman racing . how many NHRA categories have you competed in , you even have a licensee.

But you again want to try and detract from what we have worked for, that is to race on a level that allows exposure that will bring in the sponsorship deals that will fascinate the Professionals diesel racers developing a national presents . And this was my comment to you, that you so always allude to that the next step for diesel will be big business, and big money , this statment was not and never was about the sportsman diesel racers ,that will also benefit from the rising tide of the next big thing in the mainstream but you always want to say how much you are about the roots of the sport, and for the little guy , but what have you ever done for the little guy , I answer 2 to 3 calls a day helping anyone who ask, and pointing them in the correct directions . You again are dead set in trying to lead a charge against me , why don’t you do it on the track in a year or so when finally get it finished .

Last edited:
COMP461 said:
Absolute hog wash; you have a copy of both letters from Gale and Mike Wood of NX I sent to you , Scott Benz , Bill Fletch and David Dunbar , keeping you all informed

The PDRA was not even mention or for that matter even relevant, Mike and Gale were answering the key complaints that NHRA senior officials voiced to us in a meeting held that you were not a party to.
NHRA officials were worried about excessive smoke, the inability to stage with other car in the classes, and soot on the track. This was their chief objections and together those objections were answered by both Gale and Mike, in separate letter. You must not understand basic negotiations or salesmanship principals. Well here is a basic. you first listen to their objections and item by item overcome their objections , whether they have merit or not . the soot on the track whether or not it is true or not was one of NHRA’s complaint about diesel, both Scott Benz and my self ran in to this when the Pro’s complained about the track, and I quote The diesel sooted up the track on their exhibition passes, did we , I really don’t think so, but PRO has a lot of pull and this was a major concern with letting diesels in in large numbers , We already were allowed to run several of the classes in question , but with out nitrous it was uncompetitive.

You and your attempt to be somebody, or as I have said several times the pied piper of diesels luckily didn’t get in the way, NHRA reaction to you not wanting to be a part of our letters was amusing, their reply was that the two NHRA licensed racers that were lobbing for it and a part to these talks were both veteran racers that have competed in 5 categories in the last five years , meaning Myself and Charlie Stewart , both are the first on the list when the subject of Diesels competing in NHRA sportsman racing . how many NHRA categories have you competed in , you even have a licensee.

But you again want to try and detract from what we have worked for, that is to race on a level that allows exposure that will bring in the sponsorship deals that will fascinate the Professionals diesel racers developing a national presents . And this was my comment to you, that you so always allude to that the next step for diesel will be big business, and big money , this statment was not and never was about the sportsman diesel racers ,that will also benefit from the rising tide of the next big thing in the mainstream but you always want to say how much you are about the roots of the sport, and for the little guy , but what have you ever done for the little guy , I answer 2 to 3 calls a day helping anyone who ask, and pointing them in the correct directions . You again are dead set in trying to lead a charge against me , why don’t you do it on the track in a year or so when finally get it finished .
:hehe: :hehe: :umno:

COMP461 said:
but you always want to say how much you are about the roots of the sport, and for the little guy

Thank you for that part of your :blahblah1: statement.

So by accepting NHRA's concerns that there IS an issue with soot coating the tracks surface, you and your buddies just SQUASHED the little guys chances at competing, and its already happening, the issue that I demanded you not accept to -just started to take affect. I told you that that was NFG. But looky you, you don't care about the roots of my beloved DIESEL MOTOR SPORTS, you don't care that the door is being SLAMMED on the little guys, you don't care about the grassroots of our sport, all you care about is GREG. Now what I predicted happening is NOW HAPPENING. OPEN YOUR EYES!

I think what was said boils down to this:

WRONG WAY
Landlord: "You cannot have a dog because it will tear up the yard".
Prospective Tenant: "Bullsheet, you don't have any idea what your talking about!!"

CORRECT WAY
Prospective Tenant: "I understand your concern, and have seen the damage dogs can do. What I can do is to put down a larger security deposit, and set up an enclosed dog run on the side of the house. If it gets to be problem I agree to remove the dog immediately at your request with no questions asked. And here, take this $200 cash and buy you and your lovely wife a nice dinner on me."

It doesn't matter much regardless. We are not wanted in the NHRA.

RacinDuallie said:

But looky you, you don't care about the roots of my beloved DIESEL MOTOR SPORTS, you don't care that the door is being SLAMMED on the little guys, you don't care about the grassroots of our sport, all you care about is GREG. Now what I predicted happening is NOW HAPPENING. OPEN YOUR EYES!
--------------
That is EXACTLY RIGHT JEFF!!;) You could not have said it any better!

-------
John_P

McRat said:
It doesn't matter much regardless. We are not wanted in the NHRA.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
McRat:

I think you are definitely right on that statement!

-------
John_P

Just an outsider looking in...but why are we concerned with the NHRA...which doesn't seem to want us anyway?
I say we throw our support behind the NHRDA and the DHRA and let the others see what they're missing out on.

RacinDuallie said:

So by accepting NHRA's concerns that there IS an issue with soot coating the tracks surface, you and your buddies just SQUASHED the little guys chances at competing, and its already happening, the issue that I demanded you not accept to -just started to take affect. I told you that that was NFG. But looky you, you don't care about the roots of my beloved DIESEL MOTOR SPORTS, you don't care that the door is being SLAMMED on the little guys, you don't care about the grassroots of our sport, all you care about is GREG. Now what I predicted happening is NOW HAPPENING. OPEN YOUR EYES!

Everything is fine with NHRA, just talked to you contact as you call it
Eric Lowe, there nothing wrong and no complaints. so what are you whining about. They are ready to welcome all diesel racers, to the track, you all are making this again try to seem like I have hurt the people you think need protecting. I have been called by numerous people that plan on competing in NHRA Super Street and Super Gas, and these people are very appreciative of our efforts to get Nitrous in, I know how you little group is working, you are all talking behind the scene, and posting to seem like you are all separate, remember I was one you little secret squire club, and have copies of all the post in the PDRA room when things were discussed to go after who ever was on you hit list. That is why I will not be a party to your little group.

Funny again what have you ever done to promote diesel motorsports, but peck on a type writer. Have you ever really race anything. You gaining buddies , will they all get to be a part of you club , hell you should think me , I piss some one off , their you new best buddy. But Tim asks me to lay off you, and I will not address you again. You are at least a year or more away from the track,

This thread is so far off track...I don't even know what to do with it. I do know this pissing contest is over with for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back