The perfect audiophile system?

TwiztedMetal

cummins crusaider
Hello guys! i bought a 97 ram extended cab in my sig for a beater, and i was wondering what the general concensus was on a liked brand for audio. Rockford? im replacing the door speakers, rear speakers, adding tweeters, and doing one suv.

Suggestions? :thankyou2:

:ylsuper: Dom

Perfect Audiophile system ?

Nakamichi head
Zapco Competition or Butler Tube amps...depending on what sound you like
Rainbow components
Focal subs
Kimber Kable interconnects and wiring
Dynamat Extreme
Etc, etc, etc

damn...I just spent 40 grand...LOL

UNBROKEN said:
Perfect Audiophile system ?

Nakamichi head
Zapco Competition or Butler Tube amps...depending on what sound you like
Rainbow components
Focal subs
Kimber Kable interconnects and wiring
Dynamat Extreme
Etc, etc, etc

damn...I just spent 40 grand...LOL

butler tube drive :rockwoot:
rainbows :ylsuper:

IMHO kimber kable is over rated and over priced tho

Not a bad choice.
Their amps will last you a while. I think you could do better on the mids/highs for the same money...look at Alpine or JL
Their subs will be fine for your budget.
If you do some internet shoping..that 1000 bucks can go a long way.

alright, my next choice would have been Alpine for the doors kickpanels and tweeters, a RF amp, and one 12 inch JL sub...

what were you looking to spend on just the speakers dom? im not a fan of alpine components

Alpine speakers are good. But I prefer JL Audio. I have always had good luck w/ both. For AMPS, I would check out Directed (DEI). They have some great features for low $$$. Kenwood for the headunit. (Alpine's HUs have been having some issues.) JL or Kicker for Subs.

Every Rockford Amp I have bought (5), has eaten it's self in less than a month. :aiwebs_003: I just got tired of replacing them. LOL

Last edited:
TwiztedMetal said:
alright, my next choice would have been Alpine for the doors kickpanels and tweeters, a RF amp, and one 12 inch JL sub...

If you are going to go w/ a JL Sub. I would suggest the new W3v3. They look to be built well and don't need a lot of juice to POUND. :)

4S FED said:
Alpine speakers are good. But I prefer JL Audio. I have always had good luck w/ both. For AMPS, I would check out Directed (DEI). They have some great features for low $$$. Kenwood for the headunit. (Alpine's HUs have been having some issues.) JL or Kicker for Subs.

Every Rockford Amp I have bought (5), has eaten it's self in less than a month. :aiwebs_003: I just got tired of replacing them. LOL

thats nuts! have you tried picking up one of the old school RF amps? theyre built TOUGH

_CH_ said:
thats nuts! have you tried picking up one of the old school RF amps? theyre built TOUGH

I used Rockford a LOT back in the day. I sold all my old stuff a long time ago. :( I miss my old Lanzar amps too!

_CH_ said:

I always use Kenwood HU's. They have "hot" 5V pre-outs that tend to melt the cheap terminals in the RF amps these days. :)

its got an eclipse deck in it...Im gonna use JL i guess for everything, i asked some of my buddys what they thought when they came over for dinner and they all said JL is the shizznit. anyone have a link for DEI's site?

In my 04 tahoe I had: Pioneer H/u, Fosgate Power Tweeters, Mb quart midrange, Fosgate Power 1000(subs), Fosgate Punch 300(highs), and two T2 Fosgate 10's in a Ez Db box......It was ungodly loud and the some well known stereo guys around here said it was an easy high 140-low 150 truck!

onebadsixoh said:
In my 04 tahoe I had: Pioneer H/u, Fosgate Power Tweeters, Mb quart midrange, Fosgate Power 1000(subs), Fosgate Punch 300(highs), and two T2 Fosgate 10's in a Ez Db box......It was ungodly loud and the some well known stereo guys around here said it was an easy high 140-low 150 truck!

That is LOUD for 2 10's!!! :eek:

The birth certificate that rockford sends out with their amps said the amp really pushed out 1573 Watts when it was tested before being sent out....

Back