The Silver Bullet's build rebuild

So made some gains tonight. Boost leak tests shows my intercooler is junk. Leaks really good at 10 psi and I discovered the lower mount is broke off and the whole thing is pushed ahead on the passenger side. I wonder how long this thing has leaked lol.
20160112_180859_zpsieekfgj5.jpg

20160112_180913_zps2gweybmw.jpg

Also playing with this afc kit I got from my local diesel shop. Came with 2 springs the one to that's out didn't to seem much different on the regulator. The stiffer one looks identical to the stock one but longer. It max travels at 35 psi and I can't seem to get it to slow down with the starwheel.

Think I'm just going to try this for now and see what happens. It's kinda quick at low boost so I guess she might be a Lil smokey
Sorry photo bucket is being female so just added attachments

Attachments

• 20160112_220635.jpg
    20160112_220635.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20160112_220643.jpg
    20160112_220643.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 0
Pictures suck my front facing camera is broke

Attachments

• 20160120_191934.jpg
    20160120_191934.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20160120_191949.jpg
    20160120_191949.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 0
Still having a miss. Timing is on keyed at 22. Overhead is good. Fuel pressure is 43 psi. What am I missing?

Starts fine free reving over 2000 starts to miss badly. It will do it going down the road but I'd you drive it like a chainsaw it won't miss and runs pretty decent? I'm at a lose checked timing probably 6 times swapped lines and nothing seems to change it.

Check your dvs. My ppump 24v had a terrible miss above 1800 rpm and I had a dv not sealing. The PO had left one of the sealing washers in the pump and it was deformed. Chased that for weeks trying to figure it out. Have you cracked each line individually while running to see if you can pin point a cylinder?

Alright guys I bumped the timing to 26 and it seems the miss is gone. I just think it's odd I have to run that much timing?

Fuel is a old fass HD with new filters I've ran this pump for 6 years

Have not checked dvs or gov springs in the pump but keep in mind guys the pump came off the motor I had in the truck before and never had an issue.

26 is where I had this pump on the old motor. Is there a chance that this pump has a different cam that's throwing my timing off?

By the tag it's a 215. Was purchased used off here and was said to flow 600cc with full cuts. I replaced those with westons 100cc dvs.

Also I'm running marine bowl pistons can't think of part no off the top of my head but I know it's in the first page of this thread.

Also noticeable difference in egts with this cooler maybe a little better spool up haven't drove it enough it's been raining since I got it together.

Thanks for the help guys

Are your injectors still set to vp pop pressures? This retards your actual timing compared to pump timing. Could be why you need to run your pump timed that high.

Seth has posted before to either use a degree wheel or a digital protractor when setting your timing because of things like shimming barrels and internal cam differences making the plunger lift technique inaccurate, sometimes very inaccurate if lots of variables add up. I bought a digital magnetic protractor pin timed the pump and added the degrees I wanted to achieve.

I honestly don't know where it'd pin timed either. But I got bigger fish to fry as I've been playing around in 6th and she bit the dust. I really dunno what to do I'm pretty busy with work so auto swap is probably out of the question. This sucks

That sucks! Think about buying a new truck same but auto. Then swap motors and sell the bullet! I'm doing this exact thing right now to swap to 4x4 it's just easier! Good luck!

Back