The vehicle must be four-wheel drive.

WanaDmxsub

So if I show-up at an event (Famoso) with a 2wd truck, will I be "allowed" to Hook? Work stock.

WanaDmxsub said:
So if I show-up at an event (Famoso) with a 2wd truck, will I be "allowed" to Hook? Work stock.
i pm gene about it. havent heard back yet

though pat did mention that there is nothing stating that there has to be 2 drive axles just four drive tires can you say dually??

malibu795 said:
i pm gene about it. havent heard back yet

though pat did mention that there is nothing stating that there has to be 2 drive axles just four drive tires can you say dually??

So what are the dually 6X6 guys going to do?LOL

I'll only make 1 maybe 2 pulls a year. But I'd like to know if I can pull or not.

Wonder if my DNA muffler will work for the bolts? How do you run bolts with out causing an exhaust leak?

WanaDmxsub said:
So what are the dually 6X6 guys going to do?LOL

I'll only make 1 maybe 2 pulls a year. But I'd like to know if I can pull or not.

Wonder if my DNA muffler will work for the bolts? How do you run bolts with out causing an exhaust leak?
drill the hole than tighten the bolts so they are nice and snugg

i highly doubt you will have exhaust leak

so reading the rule aparently a 2wd MOD RW/E is competative with the other mod trucks that are 4x4

The Modified Rear-Wheel-Drive Puller Exhibition (RW/E) class is the same as Modified Diesel except that the trucks must be rear-wheel drive only and the hitch height limit is increased to 30 inches.

so only a 1500+hp 2wd is competative with a 4x4 truck but not at lower HP levels hell it less stuff you got to tech :bang

makes sense............ :what:

The E means exibition only that means you run for the h--l of it.
Dale

malibu795 said:
so reading the rule aparently a 2wd MOD RW/E is competative with the other mod trucks that are 4x4
so only a 1500+hp 2wd is competative with a 4x4 truck but not at lower HP levels

Where the F did you make this conclusion from?

-Tom

"exhibition" works for me. But, I bet others may want to compete.
Will there an "E" for the Work Stock class?

You crazy Cale-ferneians come up with some head scratchers.

How many 2wd trucks out there actually pull?

In the midwest, you dont see 2wd streetable trucks at pulls that dont allow cars, motorcycles, and the occasional horse in the same class. LOL

Wheel-toaters, maybe. But nobody pulls 2wd back here.

Amish Elegance said:

None to be specific Amish. Bunch of friggin posers.

-Tom

Looks like we slipped back to High school name calling again...
Comments like above aren't going to help anyone 4wd or 2wd.
If you're not mature enough to understand why someone would want to hook with a 2wd then I would suggest you keep your comments to yourself!

Since hookin' with a 2wd in a stock class is cheaper and less likely to break something, there is the potential that it could draw more trucks than a 4wd class.

I have a 2wd, and even I don't understand why you want to pull with it. I've seen 2wd's pull, and most of them never get off the line. Could just be the drivers...

Whatever floats your boat....

I'll bet the purpose built tractor guys(and gals) look at pick-ups the same way...why pull with that???

I don't see why this is such a big deal...I've hooked and it's fun. I'd like to see more 2wd at pulls so that we can compete against each other.

WanaDmxsub said:
Looks like we slipped back to High school name calling again...
Comments like above aren't going to help anyone 4wd or 2wd.
If you're not mature enough to understand why someone would want to hook with a 2wd then I would suggest you keep your comments to yourself!

Since hookin' with a 2wd in a stock class is cheaper and less likely to break something, there is the potential that it could draw more trucks than a 4wd class.

Do yourself a favor and hook exhibition. Your going to embaress yourself too bad if you try to hook with the 4wd's. If you have ever hooked in CA you know that there is always a decent showing of 4wd trucks, so your comment of drawing more 2wd's than 4wd's is friggin ridiculous, but you should know that, you have how many hooks under your belt???

-Tom

I have no problem hooking exhibition.
My original question was "will I be allowed to".
Yes, a few narrow minded people will laugh. Sounds like a personal problem to me!
I didn't say there would be more 2wd's. I said that there is the potential to draw more, do to lower cost.

Back to the original question;
If a 2wd truck (Work stock) show's up and wants to hook. Can they?

You don't get it. These guys don't owe you a figgin thing dude, that attitude is getting you nowhere really fast. Remember, you are one guy out of how many that are going to be pulling at Famoso??? Think about it.

-Tom

Amish Elegance said:

In the midwest, you dont see 2wd streetable trucks at pulls that dont allow cars, motorcycles, and the occasional horse in the same class. LOL

Wheel-toaters, maybe. But nobody pulls 2wd back here.
This wouldn't be you by chance would it?:rockwoot: :hehe:

My attitude?LOL
I asked a couple of questions, then you came in here:poke: so I :poke: back.

You're right, nobody owes me anything. All I want to know is, if I spend the money to meet the work stock class rules (Minus the 4wd thing), can I pull? If they want to ignore me, then I'll just keep asking (Thanks for the free bumps, Tom). If the answer is yes, then I'll do my best to get more people interested. If the answer is no, then I'll still do my best to get more people interested.

If I'm the only 2wd truck that show's...so what? It won't be the first time. Maybe next time there will be 2, then 3,...etc. I'll probably be the only on the drag strip with my spare tire mounted on a rack. So...? On the dyno I'm not loading my biggest tune (I'll run the same tune that I drive daily, will hook with and will drag with) So...?

What I don't get, is why you have such a problem with this 2wd thing? It's no skin off your butt. What does it matter to you, if there's a 2wd drive class or not? I would think you would be all for it if it got more people/sponsers to the pulls.

To be honest dude, besides Vegas this past year, the west coast has actually gone down hill with the number and quality of events we have offered to us. I am pretty much done pulling on the west coast. I am tired of sub standard track prep and improper sled setup. Outside of NADM putting on there show in bakersfield, I have no intention of showing to any more pulls out here. SO, there you go, I don't care and it does'nt matter to me.

-Tom

Back