The vehicle must be four-wheel drive.

That sucks, you have one of the better trucks out here.
Track conditions...my first pull the track was so bad the sled (self propelled) keep getting stuck!

I say If a 2wd wants to hook let him hook! Give him a 5" extra hitch height and let him go... A bunch of you "Only 4wd Truck's Pull" might be suprised. I have seen quite a few 2wd hook. If the truck is set-up right, the truck will do pretty good. Now if the truck is just driven in "box stock," he aint getting no where fast. So the Betty Crocker Recipe....Stiffen up, Good Tire, Right Weight, Right gear and enough power...LET HER EAT!!!

I agree if you want to pull a two wheel drive more power to ya as long as you meet the saftey requirments like everybody else in there specific class. I think Beatty pulled her's a couple times and had a great time doing it. Even more, I like the fact that you want to try and get more folks involved and motivated not the other way around. We need more quality folks out this way to help promote and advertise the sport and events.

BBD

I don't know whether Tom just needs to get laid or he's afraid of a 2wd or what.. If he wants to hook a 2wd then LET HIM.. What the hell does it hurt you? Quit your damn whining Tom.. Maybe this pulling thing should go back to Alcohal burning tractors.. Silly trucks can't do as well..

Lucky Jeff said:
I don't know whether Tom just needs to get laid or he's afraid of a 2wd or what.. If he wants to hook a 2wd then LET HIM.. What the hell does it hurt you? Quit your damn whining Tom.. Maybe this pulling thing should go back to Alcohal burning tractors.. Silly trucks can't do as well..
toms on deployment...... :Cheer:

he's been a little snappy/chomping at the bit lately :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Lucky Jeff said:

Go back and read my last post, I said I don't care and it does'nt fuggin matter to me.

-Tom

Tcolesanti said:
Go back and read my last post, I said I don't care and it does'nt fuggin matter to me.

-Tom
well then my bad, I only read the first few and gave up on the rest.. nevermind then..

BigBadDodge said:
I agree if you want to pull a two wheel drive more power to ya as long as you meet the saftey requirments like everybody else in there specific class. I think Beatty pulled her's a couple times and had a great time doing it. Even more, I like the fact that you want to try and get more folks involved and motivated not the other way around. We need more quality folks out this way to help promote and advertise the sport and events.

BBD
Ya this year I am going to bring out the Jeep... It is 4x4 so I should be able to pull next to Tom, RIGHT??? :hehe:

OK....Flame suit on...I sucked. 10' if that far...

But, I had fun and I learned a couple of things. When's the next one??? I'll be back to try again.

Thank you NADM for letting me hook.

OK....Flame suit on...I sucked. 10' if that far...

But, I had fun and I learned a couple of things. When's the next one??? I'll be back to try again.

Thank you NADM for letting me hook.

If u have any questions or need help on set up give me a pm with a phone number. We will get you beating ass out there. Also Dont worry about the 4x4 guys there just mad because they no with the proper set up a 2x4 will hand them there a$$.

If u have any questions or need help on set up give me a pm with a phone number. We will get you beating ass out there. Also Dont worry about the 4x4 guys there just mad because they no with the proper set up a 2x4 will hand them there a$$.

Thanks
After a 3hr drive home (way to much time to think about it...) I know what I did wrong. It won't happen again.
1) A half @ss set-up will get you less then half @ss results (Should have dropped the front of the truck down)
2) Slow and easy to start...wheel spin to early is a very bad thing...
3) 30psi was too much air for the tires and the track.

yes, there was a 2wd ford that made a good showing at Houston last year actually... but still nowhere near winning.

I realize a dedicated pulling truck can be set up in 2wd

Yes there are not many guys that can do much with me down here. i was just seeing your input on this

Back