The vehicle must be four-wheel drive.

To be honest dude, besides Vegas this past year, the west coast has actually gone down hill with the number and quality of events we have offered to us. I am pretty much done pulling on the west coast. I am tired of sub standard track prep and improper sled setup. Outside of NADM putting on there show in bakersfield, I have no intention of showing to any more pulls out here. SO, there you go, I don't care and it does'nt matter to me.

-Tom

Well, that sucks. Guess i'll have to pick a new favorite truck to watch

What are u using for the ass end. U have any pics of your set up and what your using??

Spring clamps and suspension blocks. The hitch was at 26". I didn't add any weight so I was light. The scale said 7700.
I think my biggest problem was coming out of the hole too hard.

On-edit, I'm not trying to compete with the 4x4's. Just want to make a good showing and try to get more 2wd drive guys interested.

Last edited:
The biggest issue with 2wd is you need the weight. Without the weight u will not be able to get out of the hole. Talk to sled owner let him no your truck is only 2wd and u would like to block your rear at 31 inchs or 30. I run 30 inchs of height here and i can compete. Im sure the sled owner will take that into consideration and let you block at 31 inchs

With my hitch heigth at 26 inchs on a 200foot track i pulled 178.4 but that is dead at 8,000 pounds

good for you for still going out there and giving it a try! Not too many people have the balls to do that. What tire did you use and what are the restrictions on tire size? good luck on your next pull

I've pulled 200 ft on a really soft track with out all suspension stuff. But in that case, I came out slow and built my speed up slowly.
The problem I have with 30/31"s is the height that would put the loop above the reciever (leverage) and/or lifting the truck up that far takes my driveline angles way out. My drive line vibrates BAD when the @ss end is to high.
Remember, this is also my daily drive that gets me to and back from the track.
10' wasn't a lot of fun...but like I said, I learned some things and can't wait to try again.
Tires, BFG 315/75/17's (Stock H2's) with 30psi. Not sure what the tire restrictions are.

Don't apologize for giving it a shot. There were 500 trucks there, mostly 4x4, mostly Dodge and Ford, and you gave it shot anyhow.

:rockwoot:

The biggest issue with 2wd is you need the weight. Without the weight u will not be able to get out of the hole. Talk to sled owner let him no your truck is only 2wd and u would like to block your rear at 31 inchs or 30. I run 30 inchs of height here and i can compete. Im sure the sled owner will take that into consideration and let you block at 31 inchs

Since when does the sled owner/operator have a say in how high the hitch height is? He was only 300 lbs light, I don't think the extra weight would of got him to the end of the track.

I've pulled 200 ft on a really soft track with out all suspension stuff. But in that case, I came out slow and built my speed up slowly.
The problem I have with 30/31"s is the height that would put the loop above the reciever (leverage) and/or lifting the truck up that far takes my driveline angles way out. My drive line vibrates BAD when the @ss end is to high.
Remember, this is also my daily drive that gets me to and back from the track.
10' wasn't a lot of fun...but like I said, I learned some things and can't wait to try again.
Tires, BFG 315/75/17's (Stock H2's) with 30psi. Not sure what the tire restrictions are.

Mine also vibrates very bad. No worry just keep the u joint greased and u will be fine. Your truck does have a carrier bearing correct??

Since when does the sled owner/operator have a say in how high the hitch height is? He was only 300 lbs light, I don't think the extra weight would of got him to the end of the track.

300ibs is a world of differnce in a 2wd. It dont sound like much but out that 300 pounds where it needs to be and u will see for yourself

Mine also vibrates very bad. No worry just keep the u joint greased and u will be fine. Your truck does have a carrier bearing correct??

Yes, carrier bearing.
I'm not trying to be a smart @ss with this comment...didn't you just have some driveline breakage?

Driveline broke because of what i did. took boggers where boggers didnt belong. Everyone told me to run my procomps on the track and i choose boggers. They hooked to good and broke the locker in the rear. both tires where on loose ground then the hit hard ground and broke the locker. My driveshaft broke but my ujoints held together

As long as u have a carrier bearing u are fine just keep ujoints greased

OK, I understand why you broke.
But...why is the carrier bearing better? I would think that it cause the u-joints to be at more of an angle because of the shorter distance.
The early chevy's had problems with driveline wobble under load. GM's fix was to remove the carrier bearing and install a longer drivesaft.

Dont worry about the 4x4 guys there just mad because they no with the proper set up a 2x4 will hand them there a$$.

Oh there you go again! :hehe:

"proper set up" = well documented handicaps.

I'm still waiting to have my ass handed to me!

OK, I understand why you broke.
But...why is the carrier bearing better? I would think that it cause the u-joints to be at more of an angle because of the shorter distance.
The early chevy's had problems with driveline wobble under load. GM's fix was to remove the carrier bearing and install a longer drivesaft.

The carrier is good because the back driveshaft can go where the rear end needs it. Its keeps you from breaking driveshafts so often

Oh there you go again! :hehe:

"proper set up" = well documented handicaps.

I'm still waiting to have my ass handed to me!

Bring your happy self to one of are pulls i will shut you up. Dont go back crying when your ass gets handed to you neither

To be honest dude, besides Vegas this past year, the west coast has actually gone down hill with the number and quality of events we have offered to us. I am pretty much done pulling on the west coast. I am tired of sub standard track prep and improper sled setup. Outside of NADM putting on there show in bakersfield, I have no intention of showing to any more pulls out here. SO, there you go, I don't care and it does'nt matter to me.

-Tom

You need to come to some of our pulls Tom, Usually have pretty good tracks, just depends on location, and good sled setup. Ask Scott about our club, he pulled with us in Elko last year. www.unitedpullers.net Check it out.:rockwoot:

:hehe: Glad to see you're back in "big talker" mode.

:doh:

Aint no big talker here little guy. When u come and compete with me then beat me u can talk all the crap u want about my 2wd duramax. But until then i will zip it. It would look pretty bad for u to get beat by me with all the crap u talk. Just because someone is trying to compete with a 2wd dont mean your 4wd is any better. IMHO the diesel world is to small for all this bickering and fighting we should work together at a team to get the sport bigger and better.

Back