Those of you who have went from a hrvp to so pump....

I just don't know what I want to do when it does **** the bed...

I am seriously considering doing a VE swap, but my 02 has electronic cruise, and I use it quite a bit. Maybe I'll get the coin to spring for a '12 truck before I have to replace the VP

For clarification a Hrvp is an HO(IPVR17X) built pump. Calibrated as a HO. Map burned as an HO. After map is burned the head is taken back out and replaced with a SO(IPVR15X). HO head = (x3)7mm plungers. SO = (x3)7.5mm plungers. HO has a more aggressive cam ring with steeper ramps and more lift than its counterpart.

Vp44 Build Thread - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Last edited:
Our Hot Rod pumps not only come with new electronics but they are built with a new large head and rotor, new high lift cam, upgraded advance and the most aggessive programming possible. These pumps are as close to a new pump as you will find. Thanks, IIS

Brand new vp44's can still be purchased.

I have read through that thread....but lets say your pump has been on for 150k+...and has always had good fuel press from a fass, 2 stroke oil, etc. Is it a wore out pump? Or does it have any effects on overall power? The only thing that has happened with this pump is the solenoid wire that you tap for a fuel box has been cut in 2 and i soldered a new wire in.....but pump was never ran or anything with it cut......would that have any effect on it? I made 500 with it a few months back....

stupid phone

Probably still a great pump. Assuming nothing is internally damaged or excessively wore I would say it's making full power.

Probably still a great pump. Assuming nothing is internally damaged or excessively wore I would say it's making full power.

Seems to be fine, just smokey sometimes.....

stupid phone

Back