Timing for DD and MPG.

yes tyler i am only getting like 300-350 a tank on a 34 gallon tank. i have considered trying that new spool flange that SDX offers to try and get the turbo to spool quicker. according to a US published chart i found on the internet Kansas City is approx 1025 ft above sea level. for some reason now with the low pop off or the new pop off pressures, it acts like the truck is under a load until i get up to 1900-2100 rpms. i have thought about putting the .020 DV's back in and see if that makes a difference.

yes tyler i am only getting like 300-350 a tank on a 34 gallon tank. i have considered trying that new spool flange that SDX offers to try and get the turbo to spool quicker. according to a US published chart i found on the internet Kansas City is approx 1025 ft above sea level. for some reason now with the low pop off or the new pop off pressures, it acts like the truck is under a load until i get up to 1900-2100 rpms. i have thought about putting the .020 DV's back in and see if that makes a difference.
Have you messed with the afc any?

Have you messed with the afc any?

yes both the pre boost and the starwheel even slid the housing all they way towards the firewall. i have gotten it to where i can take off and drive casual with a slight haze at most i still have a large quanity of fuel as the plate is set at approx 450cc's

Damn. That sucks. A full tank your only getting 300-350? I've got a new found respect for altitude. I was doing 350 on 3/4 tank.

yes both the pre boost and the starwheel even slid the housing all they way towards the firewall. i have gotten it to where i can take off and drive casual with a slight haze at most i still have a large quanity of fuel as the plate is set at approx 450cc's
If you want, ill send you a tight afc sprng to see if it helps.

Last edited:
yeah it might only be a 1000 ft difference but it sucks. i need to get the turbo spooled up and i should do a lot better. i did better today when i went to the farm keeping the rpms around 2000 which was approx 80 mph which i cant continue to do legally

running at those rpms for about 250-275 miles i bet i only used maybe a little over a half a tank. so i am starting to lean towards the issue actually being that i am not staying on top of the charger. i am waiting to see how much that SDX flange actually helps out on these larger single turbos. that first tank i ran when i got home from overseas i made it 450 miles on that tank and have yet to be able to reach that yet.

Last edited:
that was with the S472 and 020 dv's with the plate moved back to almost all the way i think it was at the 325cc mark on the pump, but the lag was hurting me. i definitely couldnt get that to spool that well compared to this S366. i have a little better spool up and slightly cooler egt's with this S366 compared to the S472 but lost mileage for some reason. i think i am gonna put the 020 dvs back in tomorrow after work and fill up again and see if that helps any.

the fuel stations that i have used recently havent posted anything about the winter blend yet unless they just dont inform the people about that anymore.

They dont post it around here. My truck hazes really bad now compared to what it would during the summer. Ask them tomorrow i bet it is, to close to cold weather not to be running

well for some reason all i changed this weekend was removing the stacks and putting a 54 inch flow through semi muffler on and put the .020 DV's back in and now i am cruising down the road at about 675-700 on the egts. not sure on the mileage as i still have half a tank to go but appears to be doing a lot better. as i climb the normal hills to and from work i only get to around 800 instead of the 1100 that it used to.

i am surprised that going from a 181 DV to 020 DV would do this, but i guess i was just starving the engine.

Back