Todays events at IRP

GotBoost

Hi guys! I'm really tired but I thought I'd tell you a little bit about todays events. Pro-Street qualifying was eventful as usual. Started with 9 trucks. Darren (once again) went bang. Broke all of the ears off of the head. We have been working all afternoon on pulling the head and will be ready to put it back together in the morning. He has a very bad looking #2 piston but he has a new head and he is going to try it anyway. Stuckey racing qualified #1 at 10.4?, Darren #2 at 10.56 and Smith #3 at 10.5?. Buck and No Limit both made awesome passes in the 10.7? and 10.8?. Buck being the quickest. Jeff is running good as usual just slower than the others since he is running on fuel only (truck too light to run with nitrous). Mass Diesel and TS both had some issues today but I think TS has theres worked out now. We have a new pro-street truck I have never seen. A 72 (I think) Chevy with a Duramax in it. He never made a full pass. Still working out the bugs is my understanding.

McBride made 1 pass on the rail and broke the shaft at the line on his second attempt. I cannot remember his time. Keating tried to scare me to death on his first pass. He was the first truck down the track today and he got VERY squirly. He said himself that he did not think he was going to get it back. He however came back and ran an awesome looking 8.99 @ 150mph. h

I didn't keep up with the pulls but there are a lot of pulling trucks and they were making some great looking pulls!! The weather is quite nice for this time of the year. Not as hot as we expected. Although our truck died (a moment of silence please :frown: ) we are having a great time. Gonna rush home and start rebuilding ours. She won't be dead for long:evil !!! More to come tommorow.......

Amy

Last edited:
Good question!! As I am sure you have read, ours has almost 300k miles on it. Has been pushed VERY hard. We knew that if we made it through this season it would be a miracle!! We fixed the rearend that we broke last weekend and the truck was running fine when we parked it Wed. We cranked it up Thurs to load it up and as soon as Steve cranked it it was knocking like you would not believe!! Pulled the valve covers and #3 is dead. She literally died in her sleep!! Steve is having a hard time understanding this one. It would have been different if this had happend on the track. But to do this overnight:huh:: ? Just the excuse we needed for a fresh motor I guess. Just not exactally real prepared to haveto do it now. But, that's our luck.

Amy

Thanks Amy. Good to know what happening up there. So Buck is still on? Man O man.

And SnowWhite needs new pistons anyway.

..Preston..

LOL We need one of our top banana's :dead-horse-fast2: to get a wireless laptop for some updates as they happen !!LOL :rules: :aiwebs_029:

:ylsuper: Been waitin for someone to chime in here for a report on what's happening there! Thanks for posting,:bow: sorry to hear what happened to ya, but atleast you'll have a new bullet to break-in!!:woohoo:

:thankyou2:

RacinDuallie said:
LOL We need one of our top banana's :dead-horse-fast2: to get a wireless laptop for some updates as they happen !!LOL :rules:

:ylsuper: Been waitin for someone to chime in here for a report on what's happening there! Thanks for posting,:bow: sorry to hear what happened to ya, but atleast you'll have a new bullet to break-in!!:woohoo:

:thankyou2:

Timmy can barely finger-out a Nextel and you want him to use a laptop with a wireless card?:1tooth:

Sorry to hear about your truck Amy but it has lived one helluva productive life especially in its last ~30K. :evil

It is rained out, back at the hotel now.

Guess we have nothing to do but drink beer now...darn!!

Looks like things got canceled today after the first round due to rain. Buck won in the first round with a sub 10 pass in his Dmax, NLDP windowed the block.

oh yeah, and Darren runs a 10.26 @ 133 mph on 5 1/2 cylinders.and Jeff runs an 11.17 @ 127 mph on a single charger,no nitrous.

more to come.

mike

Thanks for the updates Amy, and I'm really sorry to hear about ya'll having these kind of issues :(

Jff24Gordn said:
And Stuckey blew up and then used Jeff's truck on the next round and ran a 11.16.

That was Buck Spruill in Jeff's truck. He had a problem with his truck so Jeff had him drive the Silverline truck down the track. :ylsuper: Stuckey ran awesome. The final race was going to be between Darren & Stuckey Racing. As a matter of fact Stuckey set a new mph record of 139.10

The TS drag truck & Buck Sprull were the two 3rd place finishers. We ran Darren when he ran his 10.26 run. Our truck ran a 10.97 @118.94 mph on that run. It was alot of fun. Indy always is! Looks like Commerce, GA will be the next race for us. One thing I'd like to mention is that the entire field of pro-street teams are awesome. The way everyone works together and helps one another makes it what it is A GREAT TIME :rockwoot:

Mike Pliska from Isspro rented a U-Haul equipped with a diesel. He was close by on business and came up with one to race. He was the crowd favorite LOL in the street diesel brackets.

Sheila
TS Performance

Last edited:
Unfortunately it did rain just before we could finish!! A real bummer for us because we worked like wildfire to put Darren back together this a.m. We had a head o-ringed and put back together in about an hour an the put down the new ET record of 10.26. And...... that was not all she had!! We were looking for a run in the 9's in the next round. As Sheila said this was an awesome event with all of the Pro-Street field being real team players. It's great to have such a good bunch of people to race with. Jeff did get beat again by a Duramax however...... Buck had some issues after that run and then ran the Fatboy in the next round to keep him in the race. It was pretty cool to see Buck in Jeff's truck!! But again, you could not ask for better sportsmanship. We have had a great time and all teams were really on top of their game!!

We have spent the afternoon getting our plan together for our truck and it looks like we wiil come back soon and better than ever!!:rockwoot: We should be able to make Davids race in Commerce. Watch out guys cause here we come:woohoo:

Keating made an awesome pass today of 8.82!! Now that haulin a**!!! It was cool!!

Amy

Back